Love my New Stomach - Keller, TX

I'm 5'4 and 130 pounds. I have two kids that did...

I'm 5'4 and 130 pounds. I have two kids that did a number on my stomach. Pretty much same story as everyone else on here. I had a tummy tuck, muscle repair, and liposuction done about 3 months ago. My surgery was at 8 am and I had an overnight stay in the hospital. My doctor came back by around 6pm to make sure I was feeling ok and that I could get up and walk. This is a hard surgery to have, the recovery is pretty intense. You'll have back pain from walking hunched over, you'll get sick of your drains sticking out of you, you'll miss sleeping on your side, you'll hate being constipated from the pain drugs. But once you get past those first few weeks you'll be fine, you'll see you survived and you'll love your new stomach. I still have some swelling at night, but other than that I'm feeling back to normal. My scar line is low and thin and can be hidden under underwear. I feel like I can now wear a bikini without making anybody want to gag. My doctor told me I have what they call the 20 week shelf, because you look constantly 20 weeks pregnant. I'm happy to report that I no longer look pregnant.
Dallas Plastic Surgeon

I originally met Dr Rumalla during a consultation about 5 years ago for rhinoplasty. He surprised me by saying that he didn't think I needed to have anything done. I appreciated that he was honest with me and that he wasn't just in this for the money. It was based on his honesty that I chose to go back when I was looking to get a tummy tuck. I wanted to know if I was truly a candidate and knew that if I wasn't he would be the one to tell me. I appreciated that he came back to check on me in the hospital the night of my surgery. I had many follow up visits to ensure that I was healing well and that I didn't have any complications. I'm very impressed with my results and would recommend Dr. Rumalla to anyone looking to have an abdominoplasty.

Did you get mesh or anything with you're hernia repair ?
No, no mesh, just stitches and the muscle repair when the doctor was in there.
Thanks a bunch for answering all my questions!
Thank you so much for sharing! I too need the muscle, hernia repair and fat removed after I'm done having kids. I'm doing my research now so I know what I'm getting myself into. I'm thinking might as well do it all at once. Did your hernia repair heal properly? Any complications with the repair ?
Yes, everything healed perfectly, no complications.
Sorry typo repair
Did u have a c section? If so did the pair of the tummy tuck compare? Did insurance cover your hernia repair? I ask cause my stomach and hernia looks similar? You're repo and tuck look excellent !
I didn't have a C section on either baby, just big babies and weight gain that messed my stomach up. Our insurance is terrible, so I never tried to go through it. Even if they said yes, our out of pocket is so high they wouldn't have paid anything. It is a hard recovery. I did it when my son was 18 months old, so I remember hating that I couldn't pick him up. And emotionally it's ridiculous, when you're swollen up and wondering if it was all worth it to have this huge scar. But now, in hindsight, I'm over a year and a half post op and I still think it was worth it. I needed the muscle repair. No amount of crunches was going to fix what pregnancy had pushed out. And it was crazy, because I didn't lose any weight through the surgery. It just put back in everything that was hanging out.
Did you have a hernia repair as well?
Yes, my doctor did do a hernia repair also.
You look so great!! Can't wait to be on the flat side!!
Thanks! I'm over a year post op now and I still couldn't be happier. My swelling is gone and my scar line continues to fade. I consider it money well spent. Hope your surgery goes smoothly!
Thank you for posting pictures and sharing your story!
Your scar is very low. You look great!!
Thanks!