Very Satisfied Patient - Katy, TX

My mammogram showed a suspicious spot and a biopsy...

My mammogram showed a suspicious spot and a biopsy confirmed it was cancer. Even though it was very small and very early, I knew I would have a bilateral mastectomy. My risk of recurrence was way too high for lumpectomy due to my family history. I immediately knew who to call and had my first appointment with Dr. Basu within two weeks of diagnosis. Once I met him, I knew he was the surgeon I wanted to work with. His thoughtful and kind demeanor immediately put me at ease. His knowledge and expertise gave me the utmost confidence in his abilities. He took great care to explain my options and why he felt I was a good candidate for DIEP. (Deep Inferior Epigastric Perforator) Dr. Basu and his staff were always supportive and helpful. I knew I could call anytime with concerns. I would recommend Dr. Basu to anyone needing breast reconstruction or any plastic surgery. He is amazingly passionate about what he does, skilled beyond measure, and uniquely understanding and empathetic. Him and his staff brought joy to an experience that was far from joyful. Most importantly, they made me whole. For that, I can't thank them enough.

Nell
Houston Plastic Surgeon

It's nice to hear your happy ending to a somewhat stressful situation. Glad you have conquered the cancer and are happy with your doctor and new look. Did you need any work done on your other breast? Where was your flap taken from? Just curious how you knew what doctor to call right away? Thank you for sharing your story on RealSelf!