RNY By: John Price at St. Lukes - Kansas City, MO

I've had a pleasureable experiance before, during,...

Also Dr. Price and his staff gave quite abit knoweledge that has helped me to continue my journey without any complication's or setback's. I weighed 253 lbs at the time of surgery and as of today May 17th, 2012: I weigh 132lbs, I'm 5 4 1/2. I've gotten off my diabete's, blood pressure, cholesteroel, asthma medication's along with getting off my cpap machine :).

I'm now enjoying doing activitie's with my adult children, grandchildren and the rest of my family that I was'nt able to do before surgery. Also I've signed up to do a 5K Relay for Life, a 5K for Autism, and a volleyball tournament for Parent's with Special Needs Children :)

Before and After photo's

I had RNY surgery August 13th, 2012 (253 lbs) on the day off surgery photo listed below and as of today May 21st, 2013 (128lbs) photo taken today listed below.

Before and After photo's

Dr. John Price

I've had a pleasureable experiance before, during, and after. I began a 6month preop with a Nutrionist and Excercise Physch and I learned alot on the appropriate food's, portion's during the different stage's along with the best excercise's to prepare me for my new chapter in life. Also Dr. Price and his staff gave quite abit knoweledge that has helped me to continue my journey without any complication's or setback's.

No I had'nt any issue's with hair loss, or dumping syndrome but I followed the recommendation's through the fodd stage's of what type of textured food's to eat and the portion size also I take my daily vitamin's and calcium citrate. When you go through the process and meet with the nutrionist she/he will give you a booklet with all the neccessary adjustment's through your WLS journey, it's very important read every word and page and keep it for referance as you need it. If oyu have any other question's feel free to contact me, I'm open and will give you information or answer's of my experiance. What type od WLS are you considering having? Are you in the KCMO area?
DThank you for answering my question. I live in San Antonio Tx. I am getting the gastric bypass. I am just waiting for my surgery date. I have been getting second thoughts about getting the surgery due to the fact about all the complication one can have after surgery. It scares me but then I know that it can be very good for me to loose weight and be in better health.
Your Welcome Jovany! My opion benefit's out weigh the risk as long as you follow the lifestyle change's that the surgery recommend's nutrition, excercise, and vitamin's you should'nt have any complication's. I know from my experiance following the guideline's I've had no complication's which I feel that is what helped me. Also from all the health condition's and medication's I have prior to surgery I felt that I was putting my life more at risk dying at a early age so I'm grateful I decided to have the surgery for it has helped me get off most of my medication's by putting most of my health condition's under control. Which, I feel not only did the surgery transform my body but also has helped me to where I have had less manic depression episode's to where I can think more clearly to the way I respond and handle critism or situation's. I wish you the best of luck on your journey and your in my prayer's. God Bless
Did you have any trouble in loosing you hair

Hello there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your journey with us!

Congratulations on your weight loss, that's a great achievement, you've obviously worked very hard! We'd love to see a before/after photo, if you have any you feel comfortable sharing!

Thank You!