Second Thoughts - Kansas City, MO

I am so happy to have found this forum. My...

I am so happy to have found this forum. My situation is much like other ladies on this site. I am 51 years old, 5'5" and weigh 132 lbs. My breast size is 36 DD and spilling out of the side and top of bra as I have never had a proper measurement done. I have been thinking about BR for many years. I went for 3 consultations and choose the last surgeon I went to. I was denied by insurance for lack of medical necessity. I wrote a 4 page letter with documentation from my Gyn. and a recent bone mineral scan that revealed osteopenia. I also have long term neck issues and included that as well. I was then approved and have surgery scheduled on June 27, 2013.
My question is that I am a little concerned that my PS did not take advantage of the 48 hour window from my insurance for peer to peer review to help with my appeal. I am not feeling completely at ease with the office staff. This PS has been in business for 30 years and is highly recommended but is reported that his bedside manner is sub-par.
Has anyone else experienced this? If so, was your outcome what you had hoped for?

I did it!

I had my breast reduction on 6/27. I am so thrilled with my results. I am 9 days post op and would do it again tomorrow. I am pain free in my shoulders and neck. I love the way my breasts look. I never thought I would be able to say that. I also had lipo of abdomen and flanks. The pain from breast reduction is minimal. Other then slight incision pain. The pain from lipo is much worse. I am thankful that I did not cancel my surgery. I started having second thoughts a few days before my surgery date. The ladies on this site are so encouraging. Thank you.