Second Thoughts - Kansas City, MO

I am so happy to have found this forum. My...

I am so happy to have found this forum. My situation is much like other ladies on this site. I am 51 years old, 5'5" and weigh 132 lbs. My breast size is 36 DD and spilling out of the side and top of bra as I have never had a proper measurement done. I have been thinking about BR for many years. I went for 3 consultations and choose the last surgeon I went to. I was denied by insurance for lack of medical necessity. I wrote a 4 page letter with documentation from my Gyn. and a recent bone mineral scan that revealed osteopenia. I also have long term neck issues and included that as well. I was then approved and have surgery scheduled on June 27, 2013.
My question is that I am a little concerned that my PS did not take advantage of the 48 hour window from my insurance for peer to peer review to help with my appeal. I am not feeling completely at ease with the office staff. This PS has been in business for 30 years and is highly recommended but is reported that his bedside manner is sub-par.
Has anyone else experienced this? If so, was your outcome what you had hoped for?

I did it!

I had my breast reduction on 6/27. I am so thrilled with my results. I am 9 days post op and would do it again tomorrow. I am pain free in my shoulders and neck. I love the way my breasts look. I never thought I would be able to say that. I also had lipo of abdomen and flanks. The pain from breast reduction is minimal. Other then slight incision pain. The pain from lipo is much worse. I am thankful that I did not cancel my surgery. I started having second thoughts a few days before my surgery date. The ladies on this site are so encouraging. Thank you.

If you arent 100% sure I would see more as others have said. For one thing its just not pleasant working with unkind people or the fact your dr didnt take advantage of the peer to peer review. Secondly, if you have some challenges or complications ( i did) you want to feel at ease and able to have open communication with your PS. Best of luck to you and keep us updated.
If I didn't feel good about certain things, I would look else where. This is a very major surgery and involves lots of ups and downs, do not take it lightly. I am 9 1/2 weeks post op. I have felt good, had an issue with one nipple, their is no sensation in either. My biggest complaint is that I do not feel the PS took out enough breast tissue, I am not as small as I hoped to be, but he assures me I will get smaller and it takes upwards of 6 months....
See other surgeons. Maybe your instincts about this dr and his staff are on point. I will be hoping for a good and fast outcome for you.

Welcome to the community.  I am happy that you were able to get this approved!!

You do need to be 100% sure about your surgeon.  You should not have any doubts at all.  Now the office staff is another story.  It would be nice if the office staff were a bit more helpful!

You are going to feel so amazing after this procedure!  Looking forward to hearing more from you:)