Pretty sure I want to do this!

I'm 36 years old, 5'7", and weigh...

I'm 36 years old, 5'7", and weigh between 130 and 135 and am a 34G. I've always been self conscience about the size of my chest, but until recently, just thought it was something I would have to learn to live with. I really don't have back or shoulder pain, and am wondering if my bras are the cause of that. My bras are about $80 a piece. Not cheap! Aside from that, I just hate the way my big chest looks. I severely limits what I can wear, and I hate feeling like a big set of boobs walking around.

I've had 3 breast consultations. The first doctor told me insurance won't pay for it b/c I don't have back and shoulder pain, and quoted me $6K to have it done cosmetically. The 2nd doctor submitted it to insurance, and it was denied. I saw a 3rd doctor who also quoted me $6K. At this point, I'm prepared for pay for it cosmetically- I'm just scared that something will go wrong and I'll end up horribly disfigured. I realize the likelihood of that happening is slim, but our minds to tend to turn to worst case scenario.

Everyone I talk to says it is the best thing they've done for themselves, so I don't know why I'd be different. I'd love to spend $15 on a bra, and then go buy an empire waist shirt!! I'm stuck paying $80 for a bra now, and trying on shirt after shirt, trying to find something that hides that fact that I'm so large. Life is short - I should do this for myself, but am hesitating for some reason! I guess any surgery is scary! I need to just schedule the surgery and stop over-thinking this!

overthinking is a killer, i have the same issue..im so scared i will come out disfigured or have a horrible reaction. or worst of all die on the table. im so scared. my surgery is on the 24th. luckily mine is covered because of the size. im a 38I cup. but im just doing it...take a life and death risk and hope for the best..good luck!