Nervous and Excited Too - BC

Hello, I've been lurking around this site for a...

Hello, I've been lurking around this site for a few days now and I have to say first of all that it is such a great resource. Since I found out my surgery date is only a little over a week away I've been thinking all kinds of crazy questions...most of which I've found answers to on this site..Thank You!
I'm 41 y/o and 5'6" and 182lbs. I am currently a 36-38DD but I think that may be just because I refuse to go any bigger in size so I squeeze these girls in. I am also very active and have a zillion sports bras but only a couple that I actually use regularly that actually offer the support I need. I've wanted to do this for years but several years ago when I went a GP I was told I would not be a candidate for coverage as they were not shaped irregular or anything so I just plugged along thinking that I will always have these sandbags following me everywhere. Recently someone suggested I should try again and next thing you know my now GP had no issue referring me and then the PS says I was a great candidate to be covered. I am so excited, why did I wait soo long for a second opinion?!!
I know it sounds odd but I'm really looking forward to wearing a shelf bra in the summer. It gets really hot where I live and those granny bras are no fun in the heat.
I am very much looking forward to this experience as I know it is going to be life changing. The trick is to not drive my hubby and kids (two boys) crazy with boob talk in the next few weeks. :)

A couple before Pics

Today's the day

Well Today is the day, super excited. I leave in an hour for the surgical centre and I just love that my mom came to town to help me out the first week.

All done

Thanks for all the kind thoughts out there for me today. I'm home now and all is great. I feel awesome but I know I need to take it easy and rest as some of you have reminded me. :-)

I went in and they marked me up and it went all so quick, next thing I knew I was in recovery with some nice new perky boobies. Lol It is a bit sore but the meds are helping. I do not have any drains but I see there is a bit of leaking on the gauze. I'll see my PS tomorrow for a follow up. I'll try to update again tomorrow!

Day 1

Last nights sleep was a bit rough, I'm a side sleeper so the back thing is going to take a bit of getting used to. If this is my only complaint then I think I'm doing really well.
No bleeding or leakage today. I feel great and my new girlies are quite pointy which I'm assured will settle down. I suspect I'm about a C Cup which is perfect for me.
I had a post op appointment at the PS today and she removed done bandages and we were reviewing changing the dressings when suddenly I just passed out! I'm not too sure why as they don't even look that bad but I guess just seeing what my body had been through in the last 24hrs was a bit of a shock. My mom and the doctor were right there and took good care of me. It sure was weird though, I haven't passed out like that in 15 years. Kind of embarrassing!
None the less I'm home and relaxing and get to shower tomorrow, that will be nice. I love having my mom here to help with cooking and my kids are sure being helpful as well. Kind if feeling pampered! :-)

Day 2 post op

I feel great today other than a tad tired. No leakage at all, a little bruising coming through but less than I had expected. Trimmed away any tape that was coming off and left the rest alone. I want to get moving so am planning a small walk later this afternoon. I actually had a great sleep last night as well so onwards and upwards ...the healing is going so well.

Sorry, Bad on the updates -11 days PO

Doing great. I was so happy to remove all the tape as of yesterday, ...and was able to put some lotion which did relieve alot of the itchiness of the healing. My nipples are super sensitive and I get regular zingers but I understand it is all a part of it and am thrilled that they are so sensitive too. I was a bit worried about not having the same level of sensitivity after the procedure but no longer think that will be an issue.
Here is a pic from today 11 days post op. I put a little tape back at the T incision line under the breast while I'm wearing my sports bra that sometimes rides up there a little. Just so it is not directly against the incision. I replace it each night once I air out. LOL. After I shower I usually am sleeping without anything on, T*ts up, I think it is aiding my my fast recovery to tell you the truth. My PS said whatever makes me comfortable. :) I know some have been told to wear a bra 24/7 but I want the girls to breathe. LOL.

Just have some bruising still and other than that on the road to recovery. :) I am sooo PLEASED.
Dr. Hallgren

She is excellent. Very personable, listens to your concerns and explains things well. I am very happy with the results too.

Looking awesome!
Your look amazing !!! Thanks for the update and photos ! I am going to have to do photos as well. This has been a Great help !
Yay for a great start!! Glad to hear your doing well. Schedule your pedi yet? lol
Congrats on getting through the surgery and healing. I had my surgery almost 2 months ago but can't stop looking at all these amazing transformations. I hope your healing just gets better and you are looking great already!
You are looking amazing all ready. You did it! Now the fun begins. The girls are beautiful. Don't push yourself to fast. Happy healing:)
you look great! congratulations! i too am on day 2 of recovery and feeling well so heres to things only getting better from here!
Congrats. I will be glad when I can say I had my surgery and they r doing great.
Congrats!!!! I hope you have a speedy recovery.
Thanks for helping ease my mind a bit here. I was having second thoughts. I fear pain. Glad to hear you are doing well and meds help so much. So happy for you to be happy with the results.Love reading the updates. I guess I should start a blog as well !! :)
congrats! i am one day post op as well and i am still in disbelief that these are actually my boobs! it really is amazing
Congrats !! Glad to hear your doing well !! :)
Ahhhhh great to hear you are "up"..and listen to those of us who were feeling great after surgery, those pain killers are working overtime...take it realllllll easy, you will be glad you did!
Feel better. Congrats!
Congrats...happy healing!!
Congrats!
Congratulations!!!!
Wow so exciting. I cant wait to hear your updates.
Hurrayyyy! Now wasn't that easy? :-) Next time you stand up....look down....those are your feet!! Aren't they beautiful?!? Congratulations!! Welcome to the first day of a much more manageable you.
Haha, I think I need a pedicure! :-)
Haha good idea!
Best of luck to you
Best wishes...please rest..
Ohhh, I am so excited for you!! Good luck!! ...and even though you may feel up to being a superwoman afterwards....resist. rest rest rest. Let your newly improved body have time to heal. I'm looking forward to hearing how your surgery day has gone. Keep us posted!
My surgery date is Aug 1st. I am skeered and excited , I am 49 yrs 5'4, and 163 lbs I wear a 36 dd and they are droopy just like in the photo above. I am going to do before and after and my surgeon might take a photo of one done and one not done for showing results. Good luck to all who is having this surgery soon !!
Good luck, my surgery is August 1st and I am skeered. I am 49 yrs, 5'6 and 163 lbs I wear a 36 dd and want to be 36b my boobs look just like the photo !!