Not Happy, Not Improved, Not Using Again - Kalamazoo, MI

I've been getting injections for about five years...

I've been getting injections for about five years now: Botox, Restylane and Juvederm. Artefill apparently is the "new" kid in town. I've had such positive experiences with my other procedures, and the "promise" of it lasting a decade or longer was extremely appealing. The price was a little higher than I'm accustomed to paying for injectables, but I figured that because it lasted so long, it would be worth it.

Not so much. I'm 7 months out from the $3,000 investment, and don't have anything good to show for it. The worst part is the two lumps in my lower lip/mouth/chin area, one on each side. They're not visible from the outside, only irritating and occasionally painful on the inside. I am hyper-aware of them all the time.

Apparently, they only way they disappear is through surgery, which I don't believe I'm willing to do. After reading other horror stories about Artefill, I guess I should consider myself fortunate I didn't choose the eye area. Money wasted.

Wow, what a bummer to go in with the hopes this stuff would last you and look great for a number of years, put out that much money, then not be happy. :( Did you go to the same injector you have had your other injectables done by, or was this someone new?

Internet advertising.