I Almost Lost my Life Not Worth It...seek Better Doctor in Oahu - Kahului, HI

I regret going to Dr. Yu. I almost lost my life. ...

I regret going to Dr. Yu. I almost lost my life. My lungs to collapsed due to breast implants. I was rushed to emergency. After couple of days of surgery I told the staff and Doctor I was coughing and couldn't breath, they just ignored me. Until I went to had xray done on other Clinic, Doctor found out I had
collapsed lungs for over a weak. They rushed me to emergency. I spent 2 days in ICU 8 days additional days in hospital room. I'm still out patient continue dealing with the complications. My right boobs is bigger and higher than the left. I told them to use same size but obviously didn't follow what I preferred. And until now I still feeling numbness underneath my right breast. I am afraid to go back to his clinic. I have lost my trust.
Maui Plastic Surgeon

I truly believe that they have used too much anesthesia, cause my lungs to collapsed. I can still feel numbness below my breast where the insertion was. My right breast is way bigger and higher the the left.

What a shame so sorry to hear this. I am not quite sure what has happened within the last year but he has changed not sure why, I also am a client or was should I say up until recently for many years. The staff & Dr. Yu has become arrogant, rushes through procedures & when you complain about something that is not done right he acts as if you are ignorant & that's what its supposed to look like he would say BUT he sure likes your money that's a fact & he is not inexpensive, so many things he could have done to correct certain issues which would take this whole page to write as I also had breast implants put in by him, I now have scars which he said would go away, never did Put it this way last time I went which was this year I left in pain and in tears he handed me ice in a zip lock baggy & walked out of the room, I had to go to another Dr to resolve my issue, I did not even get a call to ask what happened. I was a good client but you are right, there are Dr's that take their jobs serious. I would suggest to people to make sure you ask a lot of questions, get your concerns answered & in writing & if you decide to see this Dr. Please make sure he does not brush off your concerns as that is exactly what he did to me. I still have a scar on my face from a blood clot left unattended I had to email a photo to him of it he said that's not a blood clot of course it was the weekend & he does not work weekends, sure enough when I went in during his working days yep it was a blood clot he had to drain so now I am scarred but I trusted him! I hope you feel better soon & he takes care of your situation. He should of called me personally to resolve these issues this to me looking back shows lack of empathy.
Wow ... So very sorry to hear of what sounds like a very poor outcome. Wishing you well. Many will benefit from your posting your experience. Continue to improve. Let us know how and or what you'll do to change your surgical results.
Wow. That's a traumatic experience to go through. Sounds like someone dropped the ball during your procedure. :( Good luck in your follow up and take care of yourself in the meantime. I would be in touch with the board of medicine in your state for sure to find out my options.