Love the results.....prefer liquid lift to surgery

I started getting Juvederm injections about a year...

I started getting Juvederm injections about a year ago. I was 39 at the time, and did not have very deep nasolabial lines, but they were noticable and I wanted to prevent them from becoming deeper. My first injection was done in February, 2007. The dr. used only one syringe on both side of my mouth. The results were as expected, although I can still see a faint line on one side of my face that is due to sagging and cannot be fixed properly with a mini lift. The product lasted only about 5 months (vs. the 9 months advertised) before I started to see the return of the lines. I had the injection re-done, and this time it has lasted six months and counting. Not as dramatic results as Botox, but overall very satisfactory.

I have continued getting Juvederm injections for...

I have continued getting Juvederm injections for the past several years and have to admit I've spent thousands in doing it. The good news is that I'm 44 and people generally guess me to be 32-34 years old. The bad news is that in order to do this, I had to move past the nasolabial folds and have also injected into my midface/cheek area, my jawline, my temples and just recently my lips.

The more "support" you have in your face, the longer the effects last in specific areas. Though I honestly could have paid for a face lift at this point, I didn't take that route because a) some people look different/odd after a lift and b) even people who've had lifts still have to get filler annually. Pulling the skin tight doesn't address the loss of fat and bone in our face that occurs at the rate of approx 5cc per yr. SO, pulling the skin tight won't replace the fullness that is most associated with youth.

So....I've got alot invested, and will keep spending more because its become part of my normal "maintenance". I skip other expenses (lots of clothes, shoes, etc) so that I can afford to pay for my pretty face :-) Worth it..yes...but only if you are willing to resign yourself to continue to pay for it pretty much forever.

Britt, though I'm not opposed to the idea of surgery when I'm older, I've known many people who have had surgery and then report that a mere 5 yrs later they are sagging again. The reality is, even with surgery a person has to use filler to avoid sagging. Most middle aged people need at least 5 syringes per year to keep up!
I'm glad that I've chosen the route I have, which is to invest money in improving the structure of the skin so to speak, instead of just pulling it up. All of the laser, microcurrent, cosmeceutical skin care and even the filler injections have improved my collagen and elastin greatly. I'm helping my body help itself - as opposed to surgery which does nothing to improve the quality of the skin.

HI Kitters,

It sounds like you did your research and made a very sound decision for you, which is awesome. We'd love to see pictures and please keep us updated.

Thanks,

-Britt

Hi kitters,

Looking younger is a plus in my book, how fantastic! Will you consider getting something more permanent so you will not have to pay so much?

Thanks so much,