Love It Now but Prepare for Bruising and Swelling

Decided to have a combination of juvaderm,...

Decided to have a combination of juvaderm, collagen and a smidge of botox in the area in and around my upper lip along with a tiny amount in the lower lip. The dental block is a must and a topical before that really helps. My doc recommended a combination of collagen and juvaderm, along wiht a little botox at the corners (this is really nice for that little upturned "smile" it produced)of the mouth. My "smoker's lines" were not that deep so collagen was a good filler for addig volume, the juvaderm filled a couple of the deeper creases. Unfortunately, the left side of my dental block did not completely work and those shots were painful, but tolerable. I was not prepared for the swelling or bruising that followed though and will never plan to return to work following this procedure. It is best to schedule this on a Friday so you have the weekend for the swelling and bruising to subside. It is now 3 days post and the results are looking beautiful. I still have a large purple bruise on the side where the block did not take but the other side looks great. As always, the skill of the doctor is paramount to good results. I am 42 and between botox and my recent lip procedure, I think I have reasonably shaved 5-10 years off my looks. Woo hoo! Will definitely do this again.
Patricia Dickerson, Centerville, OHio

Great Info, Thanks much!!