Juvederm Nightmare

I had restylane lip injections a year and a half...

I had restylane lip injections a year and a half ago but it didnt last long so I decided to try juvederm. I told the doctor that I had some lumps last time and that I was worried about getting them again. He reassured me it wouldnt be the case.

Surprise surprise, not only do I have lumps, I have MANY of them, I can't even smile cause I just look like Lisa Rinna AND he injected ABOVE my lips(I have no effin clue why he did that) so it only intensifies the marge simpson look. Total duck lip. Grooosssssss! To add to the nightmare, it was extremely painful!!

I just look like I have a 3d skin mustash, very lovely, and I've been having a terrible headache since(It,s been 4 days). Anyone had the same problems? I am going to stick to my thin lips from now on.

Lesson learned... Thank god it's temporary!

I've been having Juvederm in my lips for a while now and up until now i've had no problems. No bruising and minimal swelling. However the last time I had it it was a complete nightmare. When I was getting it done the Dr said you may get a little bruising this time which I was absolutley fine about. However the next day I was in extreme pain and I had what looked like burst capillires in my lower lip/chin area. I couldn't move my lower mouth without extreme eye watering pain. After seeing the Dr they recommended they dissolve the product with what ended up with 7 extremely painful injections in an already painful area. My eyes were streaming due to the intense pain and I am now still in a huge amount of discomfort. My lip is heavily bruised and the burst vessels in my lower lip area is highly senstive and painful. I was told if it gets any worse I would need to go to A and E and see a 'proper' doctor. Apparently the product has compromised my blood vessels hence the product having to be dissolved. I am hoping the bruising/pain/soreness is going to get better but I am very very upset and anxious as to whats going to happen and whether I will have permanant damage to my lips. I do not recommend this product to anyone who is unsure about the practioner. Do your research and do not get too greedy with the product like I did
How long does the bruising last? Lips look great although.
I like Juvederm as well...But like Resty for my lip border its firmer and doesn't seem to migrate or spread as much for the lip...I alternate between the two depending on what or how much I'm doing....I don't understand why doctors charge more for Juvederm when it costs them about the same....Worth asking...Maybe they will give the same price...since you get less in a syringe anyway...
I had the juvederm plus injected in my lips as well as masiolabial folds. It has been a year and one month and I still see the effects..the lines are not coming back and the lip is still great! I will definitely get juvederm plus over restlyane or the others as they do not last as long as juvederm. It really does depend on the person administering the treatment..research someone who is very qualified! In a previous treatment with a different doctor who injected restylane i had a hard bump on my upper lip and it did not fully go away for months..the dr suggested gently massaging it daily as he claims that would help. Again..get referals and see who has a good record of doing good injections..I love juvederm plus and think it is totally worth it..i have a very natural look to my lips and i love it
I have had many different injectables - I had a lot of swelling with the juvederm and it didn't last as long as the restalyne.
Juvederm may be a wonderful filler but it's only as good as the person administering it. I ended up with an uneven smile and lumpy lips thanks to a nurse who obviously didn't know what she was doing. Next time I'll do my homework before putting my mouth (and money) in the hands of someone who claims to give patients the perfect pout but doesn't deliver on that promise.
I'm another victim of juvederm or the MD.doctor who doesn't have enough experience to perform this injections.I have lumpy and not evenly inject lips. Please help, what I should do? It is my 5 day and I'm about to cry.
I had Juvederm yesterday for the first time both as filler in my nose to mouth lines adn in my lips. I was hugely nervous but I must say I LOVE it!! he only down side is the swelling has gone down and I loved them swollen so thinking of having a little more added. I have no lumps and although I do have the slight ridge you get on top lip its a gorgeous shape and still very natural looking. Would def recomend this.. although I must say the practioner has a lot to do with thi as well as my lady is amazing!!! I'm all for botox adn juvederm x