Juvederm Made Me Look Like a Duck

I had my lips done to minimize the the wrinkles...

I had my lips done to minimize the the wrinkles around my upper lip. after 24 hours, I look like a duck. I requested for a consultation of what would be the best treatement. She injected so much of the product in to my upper lip, that I now look like a duck and completely embarrassed. The lines around my upper lip are still noticable; my smile lines (none as the parenthesis (also had injections there)ARE STILL VERY NOTICABLE; my lower lip had minimal done. My intent was NOT to have fuller lips, just a reduction or minimized the lines. This is the worst experience.

Dr. Bentz

RED MOUNTAIN SPA. If you're looking for Angelina Jolee lips, and were not given them to you natuarlly, steer clear from this procedure. This is truly the most embarrasing appearance.

I went to Dr. Bentz also..not happy with results at all..ugh
God, I wish I read this posts before trying juvederm. It is a nightmare! Doctor told me in 3 to 4 days I will look fine, which was a lie. It took 2 weeks for the swelling and bruises to get better. He left one side of my mouth plumper then the other one.
Would like to know if and when the swelling went down? I had it done yesterday and my upper lip is pretty darn big - some actually asked me if I had done Botox! Wanted it to be noticeable in the right way not like I look bad...still hopeful
whay happened..are you okay?
Is it any better now that some time as passed? Is the swelling better and do you like the results now?
It is important to know what Juvederm can do and what it cannot. Results of the procedure depend a lot on injector such as his/her skills, artistic touch and your expectation. Any dermal filler has limited application for treatment of Perioral lines ( I assume you had so called “smokers lines”) If you have only 1-2 lines per side of each lip and the lines are deep then you can have good results with fillers. But if your lines are very fine, superficial and there are more then a few lines per each side of the lip use of dermal fillers does not produce desired results. For one, dermal fillers ( in this case Juvederm) cannot smooth out texture problem of the skin ( which is very superficial lines) and second, if you have many lines to fill you will end up having as you said “duck lip”. Every case is very unique and requires different approach. For fine lines it might be better laser resurfacing which by itself has its indication and contraindication. If you don’t like the way you lips look after Juvederm you may look for a doctor who will inject Hyluronidase (medication that dissolves Juvederm within one day after its injection.
Evolence Breeze is the best for a natural lip
I had the same thing happen. It has been 6 months and most of the Juvederm is gone. Hurt like mad when it was done. You can have it removed.