Love the Results, Difficult Experience.

I received Juvederm Ultra Plus into my lips...

I received Juvederm Ultra Plus into my lips yesterday afternoon. The doctor did 80% in the upper lip and 20% in the lower, upon my request. So far they look very swollen and notably bruised. I do not feel like I can go in public without questions from acquaitences yet. I was warned this might be the case from my doctor for the next couple days.

The experience itself was pretty painful. I had a numbing cream put on my lips about an hour before the procedure, and when he injected the Juvederm Ultra Plus, I had tears rolling down my face. It was extremely painful. The hard part was knowing he HAD to inject it several times to complete the procedure. So just when I felt relived that he was done, I had to endure several more injections on the other side.

My friend came in the room with me because she was getting it done next, but the sight of me in such pain and blood on my face a teeth scared her. She went through with it, but I suggest you go alone if you are going with a friend. It made her experience a lot more difficult.

He was a great doctor, very nice results, it was painful though. I wish I had known going into it that it was going to hurt so bad. Immediately after, my lips were VERY swollen, almost freakish. But they are better today, at least not freakish, but purple.

All in all, I will refill next year. I wanted a fuller top lip, and I got it. In my book pain comes and goes, having the look I desire for a year will be great. It's a small price to pay.  I just hope I will be able to do something to lessen the pain next year.

I live in long beach and I would love to know who your doctor is! Thanks
I got the Juviderm Ultra Plus, it was just $50 more and my results are better every day. (at first they were too huge)
I was wondering when you say your lips were huge, how huge did they get and how long did it lsst? my friend did it and its been two weeks today and her upperlip is huge, she also had a face lift too and doc said it was some due to swelling and should go down but she doesnt think so...
I am not that impressed as it is a little over 2 months since my Juvie and the results are mimimal at best...a year by butt~
I've recently had my upper lip done and was so swollen and bruised I thought my lip was going to explode. The MD hit a blood vessel on one side and the bruise spread above my lip line to the tip of my nostril on one side.Remained swollen and bruised for about three days but on day 4 and 5 I noticed significant improvement leaving a gorgeous result.My advice for first timers,drink heaps of water before and after and ice the area. Day 9 today and totally recovered but the result is a little too subtle for what I had imagined.Definately have the block beforehand, I had no pain whatsoever.The spa also called me to see how I was afterwards which was quite professional.They also recommended a review appt after 2 weeks.
I feel your pain also, had it done today. My doctor wouln't give me a block said it distorts the lips , making it difficult to make the lips even.And causing more swelling.
I had Juvaderm done under my eyes, Yeah dont do it. Its been almost a year and it still there! I was new to all this and hadnt educated myself and went to a day spa, where later found out the doc was a OB! OUCH ya learn the hard way. Anyone else had it done under eyes? Will it ever go away
Kris, At first I thought my lips looked fuller in the morning but lately no, they R pretty much the same all day now & it is almost 2 months ....time flys!
Like "sputnik said" the dental block is like the injections you get @ the dentist before they start drilling so that you are nice & numb, they hurt alot less than the Juvderm injections in the lips! 2 on top & two on bottom(inside mouth) should do the trick and you won't have to go through awful pain again. I had sculptra 2 years ago and the numbing cream & ice they put on my face pretty much did NOTHING. The dental block is pure heaven, I had it with the juvederm for naselfolds & upper lip & I felt no pain at all. I know you said the doctor was very nice but how nice is it to put someone in that kind of destress when he could have done it pain free with the block??? If he won't do it, go somewhere else?? Glad U R happy with the results, I think you had nice lips before...:-)
I had Juvaderm done two times now, do you notice in the morning how much bigger your lips seem to be then at night? Just curious if Im the only one that notices that. Also btw I feel your pain literally lol I had a dental block the first time, and the second time nothing no numbing at all!!! I would not suggest that to anyone!!!!!!!
Yeah, but I don't think that necessarily has anything to do with the Juvederm. My lips would swell every morning before and I loved how it looked, so that is why I got the shot. I wanted to keep that, "morning" look. I am for sure going to get the block next time. Thanks!! :o)
Glad I read this...I got my first Juvie injections last week in my lips WITH the block. I was thinking of trying it next time without it, but thanks to your post I think I will continue using it. I'm NOT a fan of needles! lol THANK YOU =]
lol, Just got juvederm done for the first time the other day and yes my lips are huge in the morning too...I can't believe this guy put the stuff in the girl's lips without local aneasthetic...that sounds dodgy to me. The guy I went to pretty much implied that a local aneasthetic was essential.
The dental block is something the doctor performs for you. It involves four small pokes on the inside of your mouth (where the bony base of the teeth meet the fleshy area of skin) with numbing medication. There are two injections on top, two on the bottom that will numb you up quite nicely. Just tell your practioner you want "no pain", and he/she should be happy to oblige. You needn't suffer for pretty lips! Ask questions. If your clinician describes lip augmentation as painful or excruciating (I've had experience with office staff who described their lip injections this way) keep looking. It just isn't necessary.
Is that something I request? Or do I buy it and bring it with? Thanks!
Terese44, Get a dental block like I did, I felt NOTHING after the numbing block...NOTHING! So don't B afraid next time, just get the block!!!