Juvederm Around Lips

As part of my "rejuvenation treatment"...

As part of my "rejuvenation treatment" this summer I wanted to minimize the folds and deep lines around my lips. As a kid I had a tremendous overbite and over time I had developed lines usually attributed to smokers.

My treatment yesterday, August 31, involved filling the deep lines on both sides of my mouth with Radiesse and injecting Juvederm around upper and lower lips. On top of that I had 3 Botox injections around each eye to minimize my deep smile wrinkles that were creating some real wrinkles underneath the lower eyelids.

Well, the fillers hurt! My doctor's technique was flawless and she was very gentle, but the needle pricks all around the lips were more than uncomfortable. All in all it took an hour to complete everything.

I was laughing afterwards because I DID look pretty funny with the initial swelling. Others have referred to "Joker" face and it's true. But this morning the swelling is more generalized and the exaggerated smile effect has subsided. I'm bruised (dark purple/black color) around my mouth but I'm hoping that my Jane Iredale concealer will do the trick. I have to teach school today!

After one day I can't say if the result is what I am hoping for but it seems that I will be pretty happy.

I'll update later.

Photo Update

Dr. Sandra Cardona/Ellis Laser eye Center, El Cerrito,CA

My provider is a dermatologist and she understands the structure of the face. She also agrees with my "less is more" philosophy. She won't turn me into a caricature.