Juvederm for Acne Pit Scarring This A.m. - Garden Grove, CA

I have suffered from acne pit scarring for the...

I have suffered from acne pit scarring for the past two years located on both of my cheeks. After researching dermal fillers, I went to see a dr. this a.m. He suggested Juvederm and the cost for a syringe was $525. He gave me a dental block, shot the needle twice in my mouth near the cheek area and used a numbing cream. I can see an 80% improvement. A little redness at the injection site and my mouth is still a little numb 2 hours later. I am extremely happy and excited to see what it looks like in a few days. Will write an updated review.

I had juvaderm for some ice pick scars and no difference. Perhaps they didnt go deep enough?
I think the depth of your scar could have been a factor. I am looking in to seeing a Dr who can perform the TCA cross method where acid is dropped inside the ice pick scar to stimulate collagen growth.
Hi Beachlover, why did you put that the treatment wasn't worth it if you say it came out good? Were there other problems or was it just a mistake in your voting? thanks
@Sats, my apologies, clerical error. I have changed the icon to a "thumbs up" sign. =)

Its has been about 2-3 years since I have gotten any new injections, been lazy. I am thinking about going today. I have a couple of new scars that showed up and hopefully the injections will help. I am going to call my dermatologist this time, to see if he can do the procedure.
I have a very bad atrophy on my cheek from a cortisone injection and am considering using a temporary filler. Please let me know if you have happy with the results in a few days - I'm very curious! Thank you
Hey Mary..i to have had juvaderm for a depressed acne scar on my chin. I have tried Juvaderm and the last time i went they used Juvaderm ultra plus. I liked the results of both! Doesnt help if you have texture problems associated with it though..but overall a nice improvement. The nice thing about it is that its a temporary filler so if you dont like it the product will disolve.
Hi Madison! I am very happy that you loved your injection results! I know how depressing it can be to have acne scarring.
It is depressing for sure. Its still noticeable to me but this does help and i do see improvements which is nice. Too bad its temporary though :(