Just Had Lip Augmentation

I just had .4mL (half a syringe for $325) of...

I just had .4mL (half a syringe for $325) of Restylane injected into my upper lip for the first time on Friday (1 day ago).  I wanted to post my experience because I did a lot of research prior to my injections and went into my appointment scared as hell and nervous that I would come out looking like a freak, or wouldn't be able to go to work the following Monday.  My experience has so far been extremely positive.  For the first two hours after the injections, I looked like someone had hit me in the mouth with a bat.  However, as soon as the lidocaine started to wear off, I noticed significant improvement in the swelling.  The pain was minimal during the procedure and minimal during recovery-- mostly just tenderness.  I took some tylenol and iced my lip for 10 minutes on, 10 minutes off for a few hours and then went to bed.  When I woke up the next morning I had almost no swelling.  I was able to go out in public without embarassment and now -- 24 hours post-op, I feel and look 90% normal.  If I have any complaints, it's that my lip isn't that different after injection!  My husband swears that he can tell the difference, and I can, too, when I compare my new smile to old smiles in photos.  I guess what I am trying to say, is that this has been a positive experience that left me with subtle enhancement -- not a real noticeable alterment.  I doubt anyone will say anything about my lips at work on Monday.  I would recommend this amount of restylane to anyone seeking subtle improvement (like actually HAVING an upper lip in photos).