Just Had Lip Augmentation

I just had .4mL (half a syringe for $325) of...

I just had .4mL (half a syringe for $325) of Restylane injected into my upper lip for the first time on Friday (1 day ago).  I wanted to post my experience because I did a lot of research prior to my injections and went into my appointment scared as hell and nervous that I would come out looking like a freak, or wouldn't be able to go to work the following Monday.  My experience has so far been extremely positive.  For the first two hours after the injections, I looked like someone had hit me in the mouth with a bat.  However, as soon as the lidocaine started to wear off, I noticed significant improvement in the swelling.  The pain was minimal during the procedure and minimal during recovery-- mostly just tenderness.  I took some tylenol and iced my lip for 10 minutes on, 10 minutes off for a few hours and then went to bed.  When I woke up the next morning I had almost no swelling.  I was able to go out in public without embarassment and now -- 24 hours post-op, I feel and look 90% normal.  If I have any complaints, it's that my lip isn't that different after injection!  My husband swears that he can tell the difference, and I can, too, when I compare my new smile to old smiles in photos.  I guess what I am trying to say, is that this has been a positive experience that left me with subtle enhancement -- not a real noticeable alterment.  I doubt anyone will say anything about my lips at work on Monday.  I would recommend this amount of restylane to anyone seeking subtle improvement (like actually HAVING an upper lip in photos).

Hey guys,

Just wanted to mention we leave it optional if people want to share what doctor they went to, as not everyone is comfortable sharing that information.

I know it is not the exact information you want, but if you are needing to find a doctor in your area you can click on the Find a Doctor tab above, then narrow it down by area, specialist, procedure, etc. You can then read their bio, see reviews posted about them, and read the questions they have provided in the Q&A section. Hopefully that will give you a feel for if they are someone you would want to get treatment from.

Hope that helps some. :)

I would also like to know which doctor you went to! thanks

Hi could you tell me where you went in the boston ? Or the surrounding area

Thx
same as Mel, could you send me a message?
Hi! I was just wondering where you got your treatment. I live in Boston and was considering it but I would love a reference for a good doctor! Thanks!