Is This All Too Much?? Too Many Procedures? - Joplin, MO

I am scheduled for a breast reduction, liposuction...

I am scheduled for a breast reduction, liposuction in abdomen and flanks. I'm 43 years old, no children, active, 5'3 155 lbs, 34 DDD. Wanting to know others experiences, opinions. Will recovery be terrible? Am I a good candidate for the lipo? Would live to hear from women my age and approximate size. Thanks!!!

Going forward, but....

Still having some doubts about results. I keep trying to lose weight and lose 5 then gain it back in a week. It never used to be this hard!! I'm actually a gym owner and work out and teach class. Hate feeling like the "chubby" Pilates instructor. Hoping for results, at least a few inches from waist and hips. Is this realistic??? Worried I'll go through all this and look the same.

10 weeks later...

I feel Fantastic! Really after week 2 I turned a corner. I'm back to my regular workout routine. I love my results. Feel free to ask me any questions about my breast reduction (34ddd to 34d) and my flank and and lipo.

More before pics

Just wanted to add more before pics

I too had a BR and your tata's look great!
Two months out and you are looking great. At what point could you really start seeing the results you now see? I am out two plus weeks. Some days I look ok and other days I am very disappointed. Waiting for overall results.
I felt the same way at two weeks. I knew I looked "better." But, it wasn't super noticeable, definitely not worth the expense and pain. My swelling really went down at 3 or 4 weeks. At one month I was seeing good results, at 6 weeks great results and it just keeps getting better. Don't be discouraged. 2 weeks is too soon. You have to give it some more time. At least that was my experience.
That is what I have been told but I am impatient. I understand that three months is a good break I by point to see results. Thanks for the encouragement.
That should say impatient to see.
Hi Isbell, I understand your doubts about results and frankly I think it is great that you are having them. I don't know anything about breast reduction/augmentation and so I am not speaking to that (in fact because of my lipo experience, I feel I would like to have a breast reduction; but what am I going to to, spend $20,000 on that, plus a TT, and some kind of roll removal because of a $3000 procedure?) So I totally get where you are at with the weight and self perception. As I said before, I think you have a lovely feminine figure and in my opinion lipo will turn it into a boxy possibly flabby figure. (Docs don't know the difference between fat and flab; if the doc pinches your skin to 'estimate' how much fat to remove he is guessing). And flab is just a word meaning: skin; muscle; fat. I don't think you look flabby now but you might after. A couple things stand out to me in your post. 1, you lose and gain five pounds. If this persists after lipo, that 5 pound regain will deposit somewhere else on your body, (like your breasts and arms); causing worse body issues (imo). 2, your wanting to change something based on how you feel about yourself and how you think others perceive you (chubby pilates instructor). I had a dance teacher who was a very full bodied curvaceous woman and she just flowed around and carried herself in a way that did not make me think she was chubby. I guess what it was was that she "owned" it. Again, I think you look very nice. And yeah, if you go through all that (referring only to the lipo) you just might look the same or possibly worse. There are a lot of studies available about how this happens. Do you have a deadline where you MUST decide on this part of it? Or could you do the breast procedure on its own?
I don't have to go forward, but separating the procedures would be much more costly. I've made another appointment with my ps to go over my concerns. Hopefully, that will settle my questions and I can commit to a decision. I think part if my problem is that there is soooo much information. I seem to find whatever I want to find....
Hi Isbell~ yes, I know what you mean. That is sort of how I made my decision; I found what I wanted to find. And I realize that separating the procedures will be costly. I have been trying to figure out my finances, while I am in grad school, and I think I am going to have to use my retirement to help pay just for living (and in the back of my mind, I was thinking I could use it for a TT to fix my abdomen). I do wish you good luck with whatever you decide. And I hope you can ask your PS the questions raised about fat re-distribution and all that. Let us know (if you want) what you find out!!
I had a breast reduction and lipo on my flanks back in July and the only problem I had was sleeping afterwards. After a breast reduction you have to sleep on your back for several weeks afterwards. Having the lipo on my flanks and upper buttocks at the same time made sleeping on my back very painful the first week. After that I was fine. I do warn you though that liposuction is painful. I felt like someone had beaten me with a baseball bat. However, I am very pleased with the results and would do it all over again.
So glad you are happy with your results! Thanks for the describing the pain. I want to know what I'm in for....baseball bat, eh? :) I guess it could be worse. My sister is planning on staying with me for a few days, maybe a week. I'll be glad she's here.
It only feels like that when you are lying on your back and when you are getting up from a chair. I actually thought the healing from the lipo was worse than the breast reduction. With the breast reduction it was more of a discomfort than any actually pain. I always figure it is better to be honest so you know what you are getting into.
Just did lipo 8 days ago to back. Abdomen, hips, side boobs. He put me completely under and took excellent care of me. But it hurts like heck. Stretching to reach, getting up from laying down. Morning stiffness. I know from research it takes time to heal, but truly expect at least a week off work if not too if you are doing multiple areas. 5'2" 160lbs, 41 yrs old.
Thank you for your input. I am planning on taking 2 weeks off. I hope your recovery is speedy! You probably can't tell about your results, yet... But keep me posted!!
I am now 16 days out and tender still. I have a huge difference and love how it is all coming together. My thighs have taken longer to heal. I am still wearing CG part-time.
Thank you so much for the update. Love to hear your good news!!!! Wishing you the speediest recovery! :)
Look at my profile I just did all 2 weeks ago not pain more discomfort I have no noticeable difference from lipo Dr said that wont come for 4-6 months breast is healing good, I will be posting updates , my Dr is one of the top Dr's so he is very realistic . and I have read a lot for months about results , so be realistic and all will be good .
Thank you! I will check out your profile. I think you're absolutely right about being realistic.
Hi, I had a similar shape as you do. I gained a layer of fat and belly fat due to inactivity from a work injury. A lot of people love and praise lipo because the immediate results are so great (I thought so too). And any lipo doc will say you are a "perfect candidate". When I see your body ~ I think you have a beautiful shape and based on my experience and reviewing others I think that you will lose that lovely shape. (You can read my review). Plus it's very possible that with lipo done your breasts could increase in size even after a reduction. After I had the procedure done and realized my body shape was changed forever, I began to study the before and after pics more carefully. I noticed that the removal of fat from the abdomen and flanks create an odd boxy look (not feminine). I have to wear a belt now to keep my pants up. I also have to wear either wide waist bands (like on yoga pants) or a wide belt (say over a blouse) to hold the bulging skin flat. I am 5'3" and was about 130lbs when I had the procedure. There is a thread you might want to look at: Did you gain weight after liposcution (I believe that's the title; it comes up in a search though). And: How do you do research before deciding on the procedures? Again, I think you have a beautiful figure, nice skin tone and texture. It's very possible that lipo will take those things from you. That was my experience. And like I said you are welcome to read my own review. :) Good luck!
Thank you so much for taking time to respond. It is a lot to take in and I will definitely take your comments into consideration. Aargh! I wish this was easier. :)
Hi isbell, I know, it *is* a lot to take in. And I wish it was easier too! But you know...unless there is some urgency, can you take your time to think about it and do more research? I think that when I had the procedure done that maybe there was not a lot of information online or I just didn't know to look. I wish you luck though, and feel free to PM me if you have any questions on my particular journey. (again, you have a very nice shape!)
You are sweet! I will let you know if I have other questions. I wish I was happier with my shape, but these love handles and ginormous breasts have bothered me for so long... I'm sure part of it may be unrealistic ideas of what I should look like and what is natural. I have thought a lot about your comments. And, I know that I can always postpone if I start to have doubts, too many concerns. Thanks again!
I just had my lypo yesterday. belly upper and lower, flanks and back. My shape very much like yours. I thought about this for a year. I am an avid exerciser but since I turned about 45 (i'm 50 now) my middle is stubborn. I am sore but getting around well. My daughter had lypo a year ago and is very very happy with the results. Just make sure you picked the right ps and talk to patients who are willing to talk with you. Information is your friend. I expect I will really like the results but for now, I have a couple of months of swelling I will have to deal with. Good luck.
Roki, I just noticed your comment. Thank you so much for the information. I really appreciate it! Please keep me posted on your progress. Wishing you the best!!!
I am on day three and this is NOTHING like what I was told to expect. The "numbing" did not numb anything, and while I was being filled with the fluid and Lanacaine, I was literally screaming inside and sobbing into a towel! My Dr. Was rough and though I understand he has a job to do and knows how to do it (he has done this " more than 2000 times), his attitude after it was finished was simply "not to expect perfection"! Uh, I wasn't doing this specially for vain reasons, I was eliminating fat that no matter how much I ever lost was always still there, and it was right around my middle which for health reasons, is not good for me. The nurse gave me suggestions for how to put on the bandages, but not how snug to make the compression garment, or any other tips for making the recovery any better or shorter. I look lumpy, black-n-blue, am in incredible discomfort and would neverconsiderdoing this again!
I am so sorry. That sounds terrible!! Please keep me posted on your progress. I am hoping your results will make the experience (as terrible as it sounds) all worth it. Sending you good thoughts...