Bottom Lids Won't Take - Jonesboro, AR

I had permanent eyeliner done. I had the uppers...

I had permanent eyeliner done. I had the uppers done initially, & was told to come back in 4 weeks for the lowers. When the scabs came off the upper lid I was missing quite a bit of color on the right. I came back in 4 weeks and she did the lower lids. A few days later the scabs came off & I had no color. So again, back in 4 weeks and she did a touch up on the uppers & redid the lowers. A little more color on the uppers that has stayed so far (still need a touch up on the right), but once again my lowers did not take. I wonder if she's not going deep enough? She uses the lidocaine which lasts for a little while, but when the feeling comes back it sure does hurt!! Any advice?

Referred by local plastic surgeon

In the case of poor color retention as you mentioned, most likely the technician did not get the pigment into the dermis but rather just the epidermis. So when the area heals, the pigment flakes off. A cosmetic tattoo lives beneath the skin, so when you look at it, you are seeing it through a "window" of skin Proper depth is vital to good color retention. Stretching techniques and machine control are also important.

What a bummer not to have it take. :-/ Are you able to just fill it in with regular liner so it looks ok in the meantime?

Here is a forum that might be helpful in finding answers to your questions:

Permanent makeup problem around eyes