Still Healing, Having a Few Little Problems - Joliet, IL

After having lost 40 lbs. and undergone a thigh...

After having lost 40 lbs. and undergone a thigh and butt lipo with great success, the two remaining areas of my body I wanted fixed were my overhanging belly and saggy upper arms. Despite exercise and weight loss those two areas were still stubbornly there! Two years ago I had an upper arm lipo and was very pleased. At that time my doctor said it was debatable whether to pull the skin tighter with incisions. He suggested waiting up to a year to see how my arms toned up. Well, they looked much better and I was happy because my clothes fit better and I no longer looked like a linebacker! But unfortunately as time passed I realized that the arm flabbiness wasn't going anywhere-- and even worse! At my age of 58 now cellulite was appearing on my upper arms, really making me self-conscious in sleeveless tops, both flabby and old! Yuck!

So I decided to do the arm lift and a tummy tuck at the same time. Of the two, the tummy tuck was a breeze and the arm lift has been surprisingly painful and slow recovering. I'm very happy that I did both together because I couldn't face going through two surgeries.

However, I'm having a problem with my right arm and wonder if other people have had the same situation. It's only been 3 weeks so hopefully this problem will clear up soon. My right arm incision has opened in two spots and is oozing CONSTANTLY. The one spot is totally green, infected and gross and literally DRIPS !!
Has anyone else had this issue and if so, how long does this oozing last? It's driving me crazy because my clothes are getting soaked under my arm and I'm washing the compression garments daily because they're wet and stained at the incision . Fortunately I have two sets of arm compression garments (boy are they expensive!) so one is always in the wash while I wear the other.

This has been pretty embarrassing for me so far to constantly checking my tops to see if I'm leaking (!) again and if so, get home and change the dressings and the compression garments again. A couple things give me hope that this dripping, wet mess will end is the fact that I'm currently taking an antibiotic (thanks to my ob/gyn who obliged me with prescription when coincidentally I saw her with a pre-scheduled appointment and my arm was red, angry, swollen, tender and obviously infected. My plastic surgeon had earlier refused my telephone request for antibiotic!) Also, from reading this wonderful message board other people have mentioned the important "healing from within" that goes on with these incisions so maybe that's what's happening and I just need to be patient.
Anyone else had this icky, wet problem?

I am so confused. Many posts said they had no pain and you're the first one to have had pain. After a failed arm lipo to make things better 5 yrs ago they are huge, cellulite ridden horrors. Please let me know how your doing and your thoughts... REALLY appreciate it. How are you doing now? All healed and happy you did it? Thanks so much. Miss V

I like my surgeon and think she did a good job. However it was disappointing to not get the antibiotic help I thought was needed during aftercare. Also, I'm only three weeks away from the surgery and there hasn't been enough time to judge the scarring and puckering issue, which I'm concerned about for the future. My arms and tummy look wonderful and skinny so I'm thrilled with that and what she did very much.