Laser Hair Removal : Brazillian Area - Johnson City, TN

Like most women, I am not a big fan of hair. I...

Like most women, I am not a big fan of hair. I have been shaving my brazillian region for years but due to my sensitive skin I always had ingrown hairs. I looked into waxing a few months ago and thought that that might a an option. However, upon reading about how painful it is and that it needs to be redone every 3-4 weeks at a cost of $70-90 per session I changed my mind. I began doing research on this site about electro and laser hair removal options. My recommendations are to not only look up research, side effects and what to expect about laser hair removal but to carefully choose an office with good standards and qualified personell.
I chose to have laser hair removal done by a trusted dermatology clinic that I have gone to for a few years. I was very familiar with their credentials and standards.
My first session was September 06,2013 and it was PAINFUL... which I expected given the area that was being treated. The session lasted 10-15 minutes. My aesthetician Tracey always checked to see if I was ok to continue on. Afterwards, I applied an aloe cream to help with the redness and an ice pack to bring down the swelling. I take Fexofandine(Allegra) every day so that helped with the histamine release and I didn't have much swelling. After the procedure I had no pain and the redness subsided in a day. I was told that the hair would fall out in 7-10 days and after a week, most of the treated hair had fallen out.
My second session was October 6, 2013. I had a little less hair growth but after the second treatment I could see a bigger difference. I had taken an NSAID (Naproxen) the night before and Fexofenadine and that helped with the redness, pain and swelling. It did hurt but was not as painful as the first session. I did have more redness due to the increase in Joules from the laser (they usually go up in power from the first session). The session lasted the same amount of time as the first and the hair fell out after 7 days as well.
I can see the most significant different at the from of my region. I have had more growth on the lips which I will have her focus more on in my next session. I also haven't had my backside done yet and will ask about that at my next session. The most painful areas were closer to the legs and the lips.

Appointment Nov 14

So I waited awhile to post my update because it usually takes about 10 days for my hair to fall out. This last session hurt less than the others and I have definitely noticed a difference! The hair is not completely gone yet but only a few hairs in front have grown and I asked my aesthetician to spend some more time on the lips because thats where most of the hair was located. This area hurts the most and I had to put an ice pack on it afterwards. I also had my backside done and that was not as painful as the bikini and lip area. Just don't be afraid to tell your aesthetician exactly where you want them to laser!
Tracey Ferguson

Hi there. I have also done laser hair removal. I cant tell you how much its worth it! Ive done my under arms and half bikini and busy with my legs and full bikini now! Every time I go which is every 5-6weeks I see results. Theres no other way to do it, you will luuuuv the results! :D

Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your experience with us!

When is your next session and how many sessions do you think you'll need to get the full results?

My next session is November 14th and I think I will need at least 4 total treatments. I paid $700 for a package of 6 treatments.

I don't really know what this type of treatment costs, but that seems like a reasonable price for the number of sessions. Hopefully you'll get great results!

Please do keep us updated with your progress!