Necrosis After Restylane Injections - Jessup, Maryland

I had restylane injected into the nasolobial folds...

I had restylane injected into the nasolobial folds. My right side of my face almost immediatly turned purple. It then became mottled and dark purple. the doctor had accidentaly injected into an artery which caused a blood flow blockage to my right side of the nose, nasolobial fold area , and upper lip. He injected hyrolonaise(sp)which is an enzyme that breaks down the filler.Today is day four after injections and i am in alot of pain because the skin in the area is dying. I have no idea what to expect over the next four weeks because there are many possibilities i may get abcess, gangrene, or at best i may only suffer tissue loss and be left with lifetime scarring. The chances of this happening are rare but it is a chance. I was told there was a slight possibility of this happenong but didnt think it would happen to me please think very hard before making a decision to get fillers.I dont believe it was the doctors fault.Its just a risk you take when you decide to do this.

Dr.Rossonis

I wouldnt recommend a dermotologist for fillers, I believe a plastic surgeon would be best