My Skin Has Never Looked Better!

I am 34 years old and still get acne on occasion...

I am 34 years old and still get acne on occasion and have enlarged, oily pores. Everytime I get a zit, a dark scar is left behind so I stated getting the jessner to get rid of the scarring. Every 6 months or so, I get a jessner peel. It takes a good 7 days for the entire thing to peel with the worst of the peeling starting around day 3. My skin turns dark brown and wrinkly and my skin feels like plastic. It's a bit of a hassle having to wear a big sun hat and the sunscreen gets stuck in the flakey dead skin so it looks like I've got wet toilet paper all over my face but you CAN'T peel or pick it. I made that mistake once and it left a hyperpigmentation spot under my eye.

If you can handle going to work and out in public, looking hideously disfigured for a week, then this is the treatment for you! It's also pretty painful when it's first applied. I get compliments from strangers and people asking me about my skin regimen for about 2 months after each treatment. I also get carded at bars right after the peeling is done so that's a huge plus! The superficial acne scarring and discoloration goes away and my skin texture is so much smoother. Well worth it to me!

I also get microdermabrasion every month.

I also get microdermabrasion every month.

Pleasanton MD. Estetician- Tracy, under the supervision of Dr. Gray.

Im on my 48 hour post Jessner Peel process... im supposed to go in on thursday for a Microdermabrasion... My face is peeling like a snake... Ive pulled some of the skin(ouch) i know im not supposed to.... I guess i should stay away from mirrors this whole entire weekend... and im noticing alot of white heads appearing that werent there before the peel...
"Everytime I get a zit, a dark scar is left behind..." Not a scar. It is hyperpigmentation.
how many peels did u have to get before your scars went away ?
Wow,your story sounds just like mine, except I'm 36 and I have a 13 yr old. People can't believe I'm old enough to have a kid that age. It's done wonders for my scars, but I still have the large pores. Maybe that's my own self consciousness b/c no one else notices. I just wished I had been brave enough to try it sooner. I've had 4 sessions now in 1 yr and results have been fantastic.

vanin - where are you going for the peel?

Thanks for the update and congrats on your happy outcome!