Getting Really Frustrated-Invisalign is Not Totally Invisible! -Jersey City, NJ

I think I will write a review about the cons of...

I think I will write a review about the cons of Invisalign, since everyone seems to praise how great it is. First, I started one year ago, and my teeth already look much better . But, unlike metal braces, there is a lot of care in keeping the aligners clean, scheduling your meals and overall diligence. I am now on #25 of #33 aligners, so I am 75% done. But my Ortho put buttons on two of my top front teeth, which are def. evident, especially with the aligners in. I can tell that when I talk with someone they are looking down at my teeth to figure out what it is, whereas with metal you know exactly what you are looking at. I can see the end of the tunnel, but I must say this feels like a sentence more than a treatment.

Hey -- you're lucky you only had "buttons" on two teeth. I had 11 -- 3 on the top and 8 on the bottom. I had two of the top ones taken off a couple of weeks ago. Those teeth without the attachments feel so good! I can't wait to have the rest of them off.
I had more than 2, it is more like 13 now, but he added two recently which are not on the side but in front! Oh, I forgot to tell you how much my breath stinks now, the trays collect bacteria like you can't believe. My love life, what love life? I am getting used to celibacy-not fun.
I know what you mean.. Definitely not invisible. I'm at two years when I was originally told my treatment would only be for one. Looking back I don't know how I got through it! But, my teeth do look so much better. Only one tooth remains stubborn and still not straight.. I'm scheduled for what's supposed to be my last appt on Monday! Use Effordent to clean the aligners - it works great!
I feel with you. I got into this scam because I was biting my bottom lip. I'm 70. give me a break..they move at my age. My husband told me to give it a chance. He thought only 3 months and didn't really understand the job except that it would cost $4500..Two years later my teeth are being held in place by cement and wires
it ruined my life. trays so tight they pulled out my bridgework. the butons are hell. 2 years after i haveto keep weighing upper tray and lower has been fixed with metal wires..food gets stuck in them.

Sorry to hear you were disappointed in the way the Invisalign look. :-/

Hopefully it will make you feel somewhat better to hear that metal braces also have their own difficulties, such as trying to floss under the wires, and having certain foods that should be avoided (whole carrots and apples, caramel, popcorn, etc.) so there are pros and cons to both forms of treatment.

Glad to hear you are 75% done - almost there!! Hang in there, and let us know how you are doing between now and then. :)

for two years wore invisalign. at the end i got the braces obligatory from bardawil. i'm in misery..food gets stuck..haven't had a decent day or night since i started in january 2011. nothing was wrong with my teeth..little protusion and a lot of bridgework which all was dislogdged.
what bothers me most about interior braces after 20 months of invisalign is that I have periodontal problems under them so I can't floss. even waterpik doesn't push the food out. food also attaches to inside braces. someone should contact dr.bardawil for an explanation of this mess