VelaShape After Slim Lipo - Jacksonville, FL

I had Slim Lipo on my abs and inner thighs on May...

I had Slim Lipo on my abs and inner thighs on May 18, 2011 and was give 3 VelaShape treatments. I had the first treatment on June 9, 3 weeks after my surgery. The technician was first worried that it was too soon after my surgery and that it would be too painful. She told me if it was too painful we could stop and reschedule.

Before we started she explained that the body could only take so much infra-red heat at a time and so we could only do my abs or thighs, though I was expecting to do both. I was slightly disappointed that I have to choose an area whereas I thought I would get 3 treatments on both areas.

The treatment itself was actually pain-free, if you exclude the heat of the device. It was HOT at times, mainly on my sides. She stopped 3 times to apply more lotion to my abs before continuing. The treatment lasted 30 minutes and I didn't experience any visible burns or bruising. The mild discomfort from the heat wore off in a few hours.

I still have 2 treatments remaining so hopefully I will notice a difference on my abs.

Renaissance Center for Cosmetic Renewal

The technician was nice enough while performing the procedure. Before we started I had to ask her to explain the procedure to me as she wasn't very forthcoming with information.

No, it's not required but it is supposed to help speed along recovery and results.

Is Velashape required for Slim Lipo or does it jsut help it along?