Soooo Excited and Scared - Jacksonville, FL

I have spent 15 years thinking about having a...

I have spent 15 years thinking about having a tummy tuck and now it's time! I did my research on all the plastic surgeons in my area and found the one that made me feel the most comfortable, had great results and was personable.
Th office staff was professional and easy to work with, scheduling was easy as well. I chose after Xmas and they were fine with it! I was shocked that they would be open.
I have a supportive family and friends.

Worried now

I had someone send me a private message re my ps and now I'm really nervous... Thank u to my anonymous new friend and I do appreciate you reaching out to me. I have now cancelled my surgery and going back to my first ps (dr ck). I truly want this surgery more than anything and have support of my family which is huge!
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

So far he is great!

Atta girl! I read tons too but I wasn't prepared for the emotional wave. I thought it wouldn't hit me as I was so pumped for this. I was wrong. I got to that place of regret, i hated the back pain the most. Then ... Just a few days later is started feeling better. At day 12 I was still being pushed around the stores in a wheelchair, day 13 I was doing ok. Day 14 I'm doing fab , despite the head cold. It's amazing how fast you can recoup. I decided I was going to practice standing straighter. That lead to less back pain. I'm still not straight but I'm working on it. Best of luck! Keep those positive thoughts flowing! And nap as much as you can when it's over. Take your stool softener now to get ahead of the poo problem and at day 3 or 4 the gas pains are wicked but they only last a day or two. As for the drains, you will tolerate them at first but by day 3 you'll hate them. This too will pass. My dr said once the drains come out I would notice a quick climb as far as healing and he was bang on!
Congrats on your upcoming surgery! I know your excited as you should be. Having a tummy tuck is probably on the wish list of every mother who's actually given birth to their children whether they are willing to admit it or not. I think you made the right choice by choosing Dr. Fee. He did a tummy tuck on one of my dearest friends and she says he went above and beyond what was asked or required of him and as a result she is so so pleased and happy with her results. so, I believe you will be too. Good luck to you!
Thank you! That makes me feel better, I am very excited and nervous but I know its what I really want.

Thank you for starting your journey with us:)

Congrats on your upcoming surgery! What all are you having done?
Mine is on Dec 5th .... Not at all scared ... But super excited!!! Good luck!
Good luck to you! I'll be looking for your pics, that will help me and many other women who are right behind you!
How are you doing?
Today is a good day... Yesterday not so much. If I do too much one day it comes back to bite me the next. I'm off the heavy meds but still take Advil in the morning to help ease the stiffness from a very rigid sleep. I can sleep in bed now but I need my husband to prop the pillows under my legs (2) and under my head (3). Hard on the back but the most "comfortable". Some days I wish I never had it done. I was prepared for the pain but not for the back pain ( from severe hunching). I nap a lot and I have a good support system. I am trying not to overdo it and listen to my body. It's def a hard surgery but I look forward to standing straight soon and enjoying my new tummy. Best of luck!
I have one week and I'm so excited! I'm going to the store to get all the things I will need and get prepared. With Xmas here and work I want to make sure I am ready. I have been reading a lot online and some women have really had a hard time... That makes me worry a bit but is not going to stop me.. Lol