63-year-old extremely pleased with Slim Lipo of neck and chin area - Jacksonville, FL

I had been looking at less-invasive cosmetic...

I had been looking at less-invasive cosmetic procedures to tone my neck and jowls than a neck/facelift. A friend of mine asked me to accompany her to see Dr. Lewis Obi for a consult. After reading about his Slim Lipo technique and meeting him in person, I knew I didn't have to look any further. He took his time explaining our separate procedures to the minutest detail. He even showed us videos of before and after procedures similar to what we were looking into. I immediately set up an appointment to have Slim Lipo of my neck with fat transfer to my marionette lines.
I was prescribed Valium and pain medicine to take 10 minutes before the Slim Lipo. I was photographed after changing into a surgical gown. I was comfortably situated in the operating room with a warm blanket. A gel was placed in my eyes for safety and my hands were gently secured so as not to interfere with the process. Dr. Obi proceeded to numb my neck and face area. Some areas were more uncomfortable than others.When he noticed I was a bit anxious Dr. Obi had the nurse give me more Valium. Everything went smoothly after that. I was aware of the laser and the Slim Lipo but was not uncomfortable. I lost track of time but I believe the complete process took about an hour. I was fitted with a bandage. Afterwards I did feel queezy when I tried to transfer to the wheelchair, so I was laid back down and given oxygen. After a few minutes I felt fine and was able to go home.While I was in recovery Dr. Obi spoke to my husband at length about how I had done. He really went above and beyond in so many areas. Can't say enough superlatives to give him justice. He is a wonderful doctor.
That night was a little painful. I could have taken another Demerol but stuck to Extra Strength Tylenols. By the next day I was in much less pain. I went back to Dr. Obi's for a follow-up . He removed the bandage and said I could shower but needed to keep a light bandage on 24/7 if possible.
It has been five days and the bruising and swelling has gone down. I can see a lot of definition in my jawline and tightness in my neck. Also, the fat filler in my face has done wonders. I believe in three months I will be extremely happy with the outcome. I'm super pleased that I went through with it even at this early stage. I go back again tomorrow to see Dr. Obi for another follow-up. I feel blessed to have found such a qualified doctor.

Thanks for sharing on RealSelf.  How are you doing since you submitted your review?  We'd love to see some before and after pics!
It has been eight days since my lipo. I am using arnica cream to help with some slight bruising. I am also massaging my neck in order to try to reduce the lumps. I will be seeing Dr. Obi in a month for my after pictures. I will try to post some then. I continue to be very pleased with the outcome so far.

After photos

I will get some before photos from my doctor next visit.

Thanks for explaining how you felt DURING the procedure! So very helpful!!
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

He is a pioneer, an artist, and an extremely skilled plastic surgeon. His bedside manner is warm and kind. He is informative and passionate. The staff is equally as friendly and knowledgeable.