Nerve Paralysis After Restylane in Tear Trough - Jacksonville, FL

I received Restylane by a board cert. Derm in my...

I received Restylane by a board cert. Derm in my tear trough. I felt immediate numbness and experienced pain for a few days. The numbness never went away so 2 weeks later I went in and she injected Vitrase to reverse the Restylane. It was during this injection that I felt a strange feeling overcome my nose and melt down into my upper lip. I now can't move my mouth, cheek or feel the right side of my nose. I have no idea how long my face will not be able to move. I am very depressed as my job is a face to face job. I have always loved aesthetic injections but this experience has definitely cured me from any future ones. I'd rather look a little older with a normal face than to look like I had a stroke. If anyone has experience with nerve damage in the face causing palsy please let me know how long it lasted. I just wish I could smile again.

I don't wish to say anything negative about the injector although her lack of follow up or concern is extremely disheartening.

I'm so sorry you are going through this.  I hope you find support in our community.
Thank you.