40 Years Old Engaged to Be Married 3/20/15 Ready for Lipo Procedure! - Jacksonville, FL

I am scheduled for my liposuction on my abdomen,...

I am scheduled for my liposuction on my abdomen, thighs, arms, back and flanks on 4/24/15 with Dr. Csikai! I've referred several of my friends to his office and everyone was pleased with the staff and Dr. Csikai! Everyone is warm, and friendly! I have nothing bad to say about my plastic surgeon! The best in Jacksonville! I've had a tummy tuck 1 year ago, and that was a success, can't wait to see the amazing results! Does anyone have any suggestions on do's and don'ts?

the big day

Before picture

update

Well it's Saturday! It's not that bad! The pain is tolerable, Im kinda grogy and I can already see the results! I'm still swollen and see the change. It hurts to get up after sitting down for a long period of time. I cant wait to see the actual results!

9 Days in

Hello everyone it has been 9 days since my surgery! At first it was painful, but as each day passed each day gets better. The compression garment is un comfortable, I'll take it off when I shower(in semi cold water) it feels better. I also will take it off when it's being washed. Massaging is done while when I'm out of the garment. I can't wait to see the final results after swelling! I did try on some clothes, and can see a change already. I've also been out and about which wasn't bad, it just felt like a serious workout and made me tired. does anyone have any suggestions about expiditing the bruising to go away? Any suggestins period is welcomed. Pictures to come soon.
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Since my 1st visit with Dr. Csikai I've been pleased! I love the bedside manner and friendliness of all the staff! you receive step by step guidance and never feel left out!

Okay, day 9 too. I start some massage therapy ( endomoligie) tomorrow. Hoping it will help with swelling and especially bruising. I will let you know. I just wish I could fast forward a few weeks and be swell free or at least less and no bruising. Pain okay, but I just like felling 100% No regrets but I am not good at resting so I am just ready to be all better. I know I have to be patient and this is all normal but I am just whining. Post some pics soon. So glad you are having results despite the swell.
Day nine, great. I bet u have seen some great improvements already. I was about 85-90% back by day ten, in fact I flew back to Colorado from Phoenix that day. Good luck with the healing journey.
Glad to here you are doing well. I have that same stiffness. I think I am turning the corner. The arnica gel is like a miracle and feels so good as soon as i apply it. Will need to get more of that for sure.
Arnica gel? I'll have to Google that. Thanks by the way.
Yes, they sell it everywhere. My new best friend
Keep it in the fridge and it is like a spa treatment when you apply it!  Okay well almost ;)
Oh, great idea
I'm going to put my arnica gel in the fridge right now! Thanks for the tip Jill!
U may well b in surgery now. I wish u the best of luck and please post pictures of yr beautiful new body once u feel up to it.
Okay, wishing you the best tomorrow. I am also scheduled for liposuction tomorrow.
I'm excited and nervous at the same time! I don't know whether to eat or not! I know I'm not supposed to eat or drink anything after 12midnight. But what do I eat? Before and After. I can't wait to see the full results.
Yeah, I am not sure what to eat tonight. I know that after I will do very light with tons of liquids and low salt to avoid swelling. I just don't want to go in tomorrow all bloated and stuffed up, but I also don't want to be hungry and grouchy in the am either. Luckily I am first up in the morning and need to arrive at 6:30am.
I'll add my opinion in. I too am 40 yrs. old and am 6 weeks today post op from inner/outer thigh lipo, Cc breast aug repair (didn't work) and scar rivision. My thighs are still quite sore. I was very unprepared for the amount of pain. Everyone heals differently and reacts to pain differently. I was very fortunate to have a very supportive partner and I don't think I could have functioned if I had been alone. I needed help standing up for the first several days. Walking was torture. I still have bruising which my Dr. at my last check up was highly unusual. My thighs, in addition to being sore, are still numb and tingling. I am allowed to be aerobic exercising but can't imagine that yet. I am self employed so I had the luxury to taking the time I needed but I can't imagine going through this if I had anything other than a desk job. I may be the extreme example but just wanted to let u know. My Dr kind of explained it to me like it was an easy heal and said she was in the office the next day, that's just simply impossible in my book. I couldn't walk alone much less make it to work! On the flip side...I am beyond thrilled with the results. I am wearing yoga pants out and about and would never have done that pre lipo, I feel liberated from hiding my thighs. I do have some asymmetry on one outer thigh but I'm not fretting it too much as I am still swollen too so time may work that out. Expect some waviness so you won't be surprised if it happens. Best of luck to you! Getting all that done at the same time is quite brave, I personally couldn't handle it. I've come realize I don't handle pain as well as some.
I'm sorry you're having so much pain. I'm taking vitamins that promote healing, hopefully that'll help with the healing process. I'm excited for my new look!
That is awful! How are you doing now? You're scaring me into 2nd thoughts! I hope you're feeling better. I was concerned about the level of pain. I know that people handle pain differently. However the way you explained it sounds unbearable!
No don't be dismayed. Not at all, I am so happy with my results it was sooooooooooo worth it. I just wanted to make sure to convey my experience so that everyone could hear how it was, for me. My surgeon has had it done and she was in office the next day. That's how different we can all be. I am 10 weeks post lipo and I am still sore. I also still have numbing and strange sensations throughout my thighs. I wore my compression garment for more than 2 months because I felt jiggly and sore, it was a comfort to me rather than a nuisance. I no longer feel jiggly. I am thrilled with it all and would do it all again. The only regret I have it that I wasn't able to do it 10 or more years ago. Just make sure you have the time and funds and you will be great!
I had my liposuction done 2 wks ago, my shape has changed already, the only thing is under my arm have a lump under both,going to see my surgeon today for check up, no doubt this is common, but anyways feeling great, was a bit sore for the 1st wk but all good now,, I'm enjoying the comments of people saying you look good you've lost weight , I'm just looking forward to the next stages of noticing my new shape even more,:) I would highly recommended this to any body who is considering resculpturing your shape
Very exciting!  Are you scheduled for 2014 or 2015?  I'm assuming you meant 2014 but just want to make sure.
Oops 2014....getting married 3/20/15
Yes I'm scheduled for 4/24/14 & getting married 3/20/15
Okay gotcha- just making sure I was understanding!  Keep us posted on your pre-op journey :)