2 Months After Explant - Jacksonville, FL

I had saline 325 cc Allergen implants put in...

I had saline 325 cc Allergen implants put in November 2011. In May 2012 I started getting all kinds of weird undiagnosable symptoms such as body aches, tingling and a brain fog/dizziness/lightheadedness feeling. I suspected it mught be my implants so in July I had them removed with a partial capsulectomy.

I still dont feel any better. I feel like I have fibromyalgia type symptoms and I know in my heart that it was brought on by the implants. I have always been very healthy, I'm only 33 yrs old!

I'm trying everything I can to feel better...changing my diet to eat healthier whole foods, taking supplements, doing acupuncture, yoga. I'm trying really hard to stay positivebut I definitely have my down days. I'm just so worried I'll never feel like myself again.

Did anyone else experience this after their removal and get better eventually? My family thinks I need to give it a lot more time but I feel like since I only had the implants in for 8 mths it shouldnt take long for my body to recover. I just dont know what to think anymore.

It does take time to recover. Many need to detox quite significantly - as there is silicone in the shells of saline implants. And if they were textured there is all sorts of stuff that flake off & can get into your lymoh nodes. Dr Susan Kolb's book "The Naked Teuth about Breast Implants" explains it all - or look on her Plastikos website - they have a lengthy detox protocol on the site - and search Dr Susan Kolb for vids of her talking about all these issues. xx
Thank you! I hope you feel better soon. I will definitely keep you posted. I think the hardest thing is not being able to have a reason as to why we feel these symptoms. You are not alone... I have been feeling similar to what you are experiencing.
Please keep me posted about your progress. :-)
I wish you luck on your explant and please keep me posted on how it goes! What I can't really understand with me is that I had my implants in for such a short time, not even a year! So that's why I don't truly know what is causing my symptoms.
Ok, that's good to know. I hope you recover soon and start feeling like you again. My PS is Dr. Duffy. He's been honest with me since day 1. I've had my implants for a little bit over four years and it's now that I started getting all kinds of discomforts, not only my breast but my arms and lightheaded ness like you. My doctor understands that I haven't been able to do the things I normally used to do and that causes me to get very sad and even more uncomfortable. He is very understanding and will be removing my implants in a couple of weeks.
I've never been able to understand what caused me to feel so much discomfort. I often wonder if it was a bad move during exercise, or the antibiotics I took for a sinus infection, or if it is a lymph node issue. No one can really tell me what's going on. I just hope that my body goes back to normal.
I went to Dr Nezami. Very nice man but he isn't a PS who believes implants can make you sick.
hi pixie0315, im in jacksonville too. who is your ps?

Oops, I just saw that your explant was two months ago. It does seem that you should be experiencing some improvement by now. Here's a thread about silicone implants and sickness. Maybe you could connect with some of the ladies who've posted there.

Oh shoot. I'm sure you wanted some relief right away. When did you have the implants out? Have you visited your doctor to ask about a virus or bacterial infection?

Thank you for sharing and I truly hope you're back to your old self soon!

Hi Angie...I have had tons of bloodwork taken and really only 2 concrete things come back. One was I tested positive for having had Eppstein Bar virus (mono) but that doesn't necessarily mean I have it right now, just at some point I had it in my system, Granted I've never felt so weird in my life so that could possibly be what's going on.

Two is that my hormone levels seem a bit off, with quite a few being low so that could be it too.

That's what is making all this hard...am I feeling this way from possible mono and lingering symptoms or hormones or the implants?? This has been the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with in my life :( What is also interesting/coincidental is that all this started happening right as we were moving out of state and having to leave my step daughter behind which was very stressful for me.