Adjustable Lap-Band

My name is Kathy Barnett. I live in Hamburg,...

My name is Kathy Barnett. I live in Hamburg, Arkansas. I have been married to my high school sweetheart since 1980. We have two wonderful children. I am a school teacher.
I weighed in at Dr. Luttrell's office on July 12, 2011. My weight, 463 pounds!
I had actually stopped weighing myself because my scales didn't go that high. Plus, it was depressing how out of control I had become.
I realized that there was a real problem when performing simple tasks, household chores, walking, getting up and down from chairs and bed, even doing my job, etc. were getting almost impossible. Walking up and down stairs had become impossible. I really just avoided going anywhere it was a daunting task to have to map out how close I could park, if there were stairs I would have to use, could I sit if I needed to sit (which I always had to rest). My daughter began doing all the necessary errands, buying groceries, taking her brother to appointments, etc. It was so embarrassing to go anywhere and not be able to get around. My health was also deteriorating. High blood pressure, depression, fluid retention, and a potential for numerous other conditions.
My husband told me about a co-worker that had LAP-BAND® Surgery. I had him talk to the man and find out about the procedure and who performed the surgery.
I went online and looked at the website Dr. Luttrell. I contacted his office within a few days, went for an orientation on July 12, 2011 and on July 28, 2011 at 9:30 a.m. I was in surgery.
On the road home (3 hours away) at 1:30 p.m. (Same day).
The surgery was simple. I had a little discomfort but it was worth it! I didn’t realize how much I had stopped doing because I got so tired or I just couldn't do them anymore.
Dr. Luttrell told me to pay attention to my body when I eat. I eat in small amounts often. Don't think this is the end all, fix all procedure. IT ISN'T! It is a tool to help with weight loss. You eat poorly, you gain. Simple as that. All this tool does, is HELP you feel full longer. I have to be in control of my healthy eating and healthy living.
Thanks to Dr. Luttrell and the LAP-BAND®, and my very hard work and determination, I lost 300 pounds and I went from 6X to a size 11/12. I am so much happier with life because I am no longer a bystander...I am a participant!! Life is AWESOME!
Kathy Barnett

Wow Kathy! Good for you. 300lbs! Hard to imagine you carrying that around on your frame. I read you are a school teacher. How did the kids react? Did they notice you were the incredibly shrinking woman?
Well, previous students (and their parents) usually have no clue who I am! That happens a lot though. I'll be out and speak to people and they look at me like, "Who are you?" I teach pre-kindergarten. They don't comment much about me losing weight. I guess when you are around people everyday, it's less noticeable. I got a few comments like, "Why are you so boney?" & "Why are your bones showing?" If I wear short sleeves, they notice my bat wings. I don't wear ss often!
Wow! Congrats on your life change! I will be following your journey so please keep the updates coming. I have my sx on August 4th and it seems like its taking forever for the time to arrive! Blessings on a great result and minimal pain!
Little Rock Bariatric Surgeon

The are no words to describe Dr. Luttrell & the staff. They are the best!!!!