Not As Effective As I Had Hoped - Issaquah, WA

I have a 1 inch scar on my face and was trying to...

I have a 1 inch scar on my face and was trying to find the best way to smooth it out. After some research I came across Dr. M in Issaquah WA. Since the area was so small, she only charged me 400$ for six treatments on and around the scar.

I have had 5 treatments and it has been about 5 months since I started. There hasn't been much of a noticeable change, but I hear it takes a long time to see full results. Her Asthetician Sheila has been wonderful. They always clean my skin and numb it before treatment so I have had almost no pain at all. Sometimes I have a tiny bit of redness for about 24 hours and only once did I have a tiny bit of peeling.

So I haven't got the results I'd hoped for, but the price was reasonable, my experience overall has been good and the Dr. and her staff have been great. I've seen maybe 25% reduction in depth or increase in smoothness of the scar, but that is all. Dr. M does a great botox though, even though her units are a couple bucks more expensive than other places.

Dr. Lisa Mulligan

Very nice and explains things very well, takes extra time for patients if she needs to.

Hi jax,

Welcome to the affirm community! So, it sounds like you were not sure how the procedure went. I checked in our doctor Q&A and found a the questions, Does Affirm Laser Work for Acne Scars. One of our doctors responded and mentioned Affirm, taking about scars too, not just acne scars. It sounds like depending upon the scar you need to go in more than one time, as you said you had. I wonder if more are necessary? You should check out his answer it might help. Please keep us updated.

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt