Not Worth It! - Irvine, CA

Mixto was recommended for my acne scars and...

Mixto was recommended for my acne scars and melasma. Procedure was painful in some areas. I followed the post-procedure instructions for icing and "greasing". For one week, I looked terrible and could not leave the house. After peeling, the acne scars looked better. But, once the swelling went down, they look the same as before. What's worse is that I got a round dime-size dark spot on my cheek. Now, I had to wear makeup before going out. The doctor agreed to giving me microdermabrasion and spot is getting lighter after a dozen treatments. Melasma is still the same and looks darker than ever.
It usually takes three to four months to see the results of collagen production.
I2 microdermabrasion sessions so far. The round brown spot is not as noticeable as it was. But, it's still there.... I did expect to get some results especially after looking at the before and after pictures of other patients. This spot just made it worse for me. The staff at the derm office are very nice and I am not getting charged for the sessions. If you are planning to get it done, good luck..

What a bummer that you didn't see the results you wanted with the laser.  How many microdermabrasion sessions have you done?

Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon