39 Year Old Male, Upper Body Lift - Irvine, CA

Post-120 pound weight loss, wanted to get excess...

Post-120 pound weight loss, wanted to get excess skin removed.

It was extremely easy to contact Dr. Aly's office to get my initial consultation, pre-op lab work requested by Dr. Aly as well as my procedure scheduled. I was explained in great detail what to expect and the limitations of the procedure. The payment process was very easy and I had all of my questions answered promptly.

It was easy to get all post op question answered by Dr. Aly or his staff--very friendly, respectful and accessible.
Orange County Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Aly pioneered the body lift technique for post-MWL surgery--he wrote the book that is considered the bible for these types of procedures. He is very friendly and patient when explaining the risks as well as probable outcomes of the procedures--honest without upselling--his entire staff is great. His suture lines are remarkably straight (not surprising since he took a great deal of time with the day before markups, erasing and remarking, etc.). No drains were required, I guess this is determined case by case. Although tomorrow marks the 2 week surgery anniversary, I am already feeling MUCH better, returned to work 4 days ago and am looking forward to getting the lower body lift performed by Dr. Aly possibly later this year or next (family scheduling conflicts) as I traveled across the state to see him. He is on the faculty of the UC Irvine Medical School and my procedure was performed at the UCI Medical Center hospital with an overnight stay which to me seems to be much safer than having this done on as an outpatient procedure--we all have the right to disagree and I respect everyone's decision; the price might have been a bit higher than average due to the location of my procedure but my health to me has no price--if you can afford it, go for it! So far so good, wishing everyone success in their respective journeys! Thanks Doc!

Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your journey with us!

Congratulations on your weight loss, that's a huge achievement! How was your recovery, following your body lift, did you ahve much pain or downtime?