Bulbous Tip After 10 Months Post Surgery??

Hi, I had septo rhinoplasty nearly 10 months ago,...

Hi, I had septo rhinoplasty nearly 10 months ago, I had a deviated septum on the left and also had a large hump in the bridge of my nose, the tip drooped but was not bulbous. However now the tip of my nose is really bulbous and is not symetrical. The left side (that was deviated) is more swollen than the right and the right nostril seems more dented, in a good way. Although the bridge is now perfectly straight the tip looks like there is a lump on it, nearly in a tear drop shape.

The swelling has really gone down over but nothing has changed in the tip in over 3 months. There doesn't seem to be definition in the tip.

Is it possible for the tip to be larger or more bulbous after rhinoplasty if it wasn't like that before?? Any advice is much appreciated. My surgeon was great but more in to plastic surgery to correct disfigurements and not the cosmetic side of it so I feel silly when I approach him.

Is it possible for the tip of my nose to be bulbous after surgery when it wasn't bulbous before?

I am a little worried my bridge hurts lake crazy and when I run my finger over it it it feels like a gap there I am seeing my doctor next week it will be month then,but the bridge lump/gap I don't feel is right at all with the pain maybe something happened when that nurse pulled off my cast who knows??
also one of my nostrils are smaller & lower than my other...
@Antoineete yes I think they tend to slip over that most need revision surgery but in all honesty I could not go through what I have been again & what I suffer now although I would like my tip to have been lifted a lot more......Glad you are happy with results nowx
Hey, I did have the revision surgery on the tip last November, to be honest I was very 50/50 whether I needed it or not, I can't stress how long the swelling takes to reduce and how much the shape will improve (just to you, other people won't notice it after a couple of months) so by November I was really happy but just wanted it tweaked! and even now people say they don't see a difference but I do because I practically study my nose on a daily basis!..I absolutely love it now and think the surgery was the best thing I ever done! Dr. Earley said about 1 in 20 need revision surgery, I was in and out in less than 3 hours.. he done a graft from one side to the other so to be it looks more symmetrical..
You just get to a stage where you just want it done now.. best of luck!
The swelling in the tip of my nose didn't fully go away for 18 months and my nose changed shape so often... the tip is the last place for the swelling to leave so try to be patient and give it time. My nose looks nothing now like it did one week or even one month after surgery... I actually thought that my tip looked bigger even though cartilidge was taken away but it was all swelling, it's crazy how something so small can swell so big!
Sounds like you didn't need to get revision surgery on the tip? Are you happy with the end result now? Sounds like you are, which is great news! I'm going to organise a consultation with Mr. Earley, finally decided it's time to go for it now instead of looking around all the time!
Hi, no I decided to just stick with Dr. Earley, I'm having my revison surgery with him in November. My friend just had a bump on her nose from a break before but she didn't need any tip work or deviation. Dr. Eadie is on the surgeons board in Ireland and I think she has a good rep, my friend said she took lots of photo's and goes through everything in detail with you. The swelling is gone now thankfully but the tip still looks round, like a button nose, because of the way it healed, that's what I'm hoping he can fix. I'm not looking forward to having to go through the healing process again because the swelling really does take a year but the sooner I get it done the sooner it will heal ! It's so hard to decide where to go but just make sure they have all the qualifications and are available for follow ups if needed! I'll check out that website, it becomes addictive after a while!
Hi, I went to my GP and she gave me a few names, she said the best was Dr. Earley in the Mater private so I went with him, took about 2 months to get an appointment but he's brilliant. He doesn't do photographs and won't give any promises. He says he's a plastic surgeon and not a cosmetic surgeon. If you google him you'll find loads on him,full name is Dr. Michael Earley, was president of the Surgeons of Ireland group, works in temple street and crumlin hospital for Craniofacial deformaties. He done a great job on my nose, I can send you photos if you want. I'm having revision surgery at the end of Oct because the tip of it is a little bit curved but it's a common problem with a nose like mine was and even if I didn't get it done I'd be very happy with the results. No one even notices the bump at the end but I want it to be perfect! Another surgeon was recommended to me, Patricia Eddie, she works in James hospital and St. Josephs, I know a girl that went with her and she said she was great. I'd recommend going for a consultation with each of them and seeing who your comfortable with but you'll have to pay for both. STAY AWAY from The Harley medical group etc, I went for consultation and you only see the nurse, then pay 700 to see the surgeon and if you go ahead with it they take it off the bill but all the surgeons are over-seas so if anything goes wrong they aren't in the country to help. Also the regulation in Ireland is so bad that you only have to be registered as a doctor in Ireland to operate so your surgeon may not even be qualified!. Another thing to remember is that you will take at least 12 months to heal !!! I was told this but didn't actually believe it but I swear the last 6 months is when I can honestly say all the swelling is gone and I had my surgery in Feb 09! The tip heals the slowest so if you need work done there be prepared to wait.. Some times even now when it's really hot or when I exercise the inside of my nose still swells but it's definitely better than it was! All in all it was the best thing I ever done and I'd recommend Dr. Earley but make sure your comfortable and ask all the questions possible! It cose me 5980 and that was for the surgery and 2 nights in hospital. It wasn't sore at all even afterwards but uncomfortable because you have to breath through your mouth. Hope this helps, let me know if you have anymore questions!
Hi Antoinette, Thanks so much for your feedback, really appreciate it. Was finding it pretty hard to get any consistent information on surgeons in Ireland. Looking at your photos I think you've a lovely nose! Glad it went well for u & I hope tip-work goes to plan too. I'll keep researching for a bit & organise consultations sn.
Hi Antionette, I'm just wondering if you had your consult with Dr. Patricia Eadie yet? I found a really good website you might find helpful - lookyourbest.co.uk - lots of irish ppl on it too! I haven't made any consults in Ireland yet. Wnt to see a UK surgeon twice, Ian McKay, bt decided nt to go with him in the end. Do you mind me asking what kind of procedure your friend had with Dr. Eadie - ws it septoplasty & bump removal as well? That's what I need & possibly a slight tip reduction too:( Hopefully I'll find the right surgeon & it'll work out! Has the swelling in the tip gone down any more? I honestly didn't see it in the photo bt if it's on your mind you're right to get it addressed.
I had surgery a week a go today with The Harley medical group" I am kind of worried because my tip is still kind of low When I asked for a more feminine look its still early days but I kind of look as if I have an air lip look like ricky of eastenders I am willing that things will change and that my tip will go somewhat more refined he did say that there was a lot of cartridge taken away :((
Hi Antionette, I just joined this site & noticed your post there. I'm thinking of getting septorhinoplasty done but not sure of any good surgeons in Ireland. Do you mind me asking how you're getting on now & if you're happy with the result? Also who was your surgeon? Any feedback at all would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Hi there, I came on this site looking for some information about my nose surgery. I had the same surgery as you, my nose straightened, the bump removed and the tip fixed that was pointing downward. I'm starting to get a little worried because my year will be up in January and I have the exact same problems as you, the left side of my nose is swollen more than the right and I can't smile front on in photos because it pulls more to the left.....my surgeon assured me that I will be happy with the results but not seeing any changes in the past 2-3 months is getting me worried. Also the tip is still very hard and has a bump that he said should be gone within six months.....I'm hoping that since it seems we are both in the same time frame and having similar troubles that this is just common. I had an excellent surgeon and trying to stay feeling confident that he did a good job....but it's hard to keep a positive attitude when one year is so close......
Hi Lori, Unfortunately I dont think your nose will change much more at this time. Most swelling is gone by 6 months.. Dr.S
Hi Lori, i have uploaded another photo so you can see if you have the same problem. You can see that is seems to pull or slide to one side at the very bottom of the tip. It nearly looks like my nostrils are different sizes. From the side it looks fine but from the front it's bulbous? I'm going to see my surgeon on January 14th so I will let you know how I get on but I really think more surgery is the only solution unfortunately. Like you I had an excellent surgeon so I'm hoping he can fix it and I don't have to risk a new guy but if this was something he done wrong should I let him correct it??? Very hard to know what to do it!
Hi Lori, I've just been back to see my surgeon, I need revision surgery but it doesn't seem to bad. He said I have more scar tissue retraction on one side so it looks dented or collapsed and so makes onside of my nose look longer in photos than the other, there is also a fullness in the supratip so it looks very round at the tip. (I think that's what it's called!). He asked me to wait until May because I'm still experiencing some swelling so I will see him again in May and will have the surgery probably in June or July. I have to pay for the hospital bed which works out at about 1000 but his services are free this time around. it's also a day procedure and not nearly as invasive as the first time around. Hope this helps you!
Hi, Never feel silly with your surgeon. It sounds like you didn't have good tip work and now your lower lateral cartilages are protruding up and forward. This may also account for the "dent". In order to correct this you might want to consider a tipplasty. Best, Dr.S.
Thank you, I'm going to see my surgeon in January so hopefully I'll have some answers then. Really really don't want anymore surgery but if that's what it takes that's what I'll do!
Tip-plasty is minor and there is no bruising so it will be easier. Happy Holidays and Good Luck, Dr. S
Thank you, do you think it would be wise to use the same surgeon, could this just be the way it healed or was it something he may have done wrong? He is extremely reputable and I would find it difficult to find someone else over here that would be any better qualified? If I had it fixed in another country how long would I have to stay there before I could fly? thank you for your help kind regards, Antoinette