I Think They Used the Wrong Equipment

I had a procedure to remove keratosis from my...

I had a procedure to remove keratosis from my forehead. The doctor got busy and a nurse did my procedure and I believe she used the wrong equipment. I have small oval hypopigmentations and like scorched fine wrinkles within each oval shaped white burn mark. They swear they used an IPL, but I looked it up on Youtube, and the "IPL" demonstrations show more of a wand/rectangle type handpiece. The one used on me had a black metal circle at the end of the handpiece and a really harsh "laser" beam "snapped" me in every spot she layed the equipment... thus the little leaf/oval marks on my face and the scorching/now I have pores too in the burn marks -- it swelled for a long time and caused infections, etc. The white marks -- are they ever going to go away? Thanks. Why would anyone want their face burned? My eyeballs bulged/hurt for about two months and I lost my eyelashes/only half grew back/and lots of edemas and other tissue damage. I thought IPL was safe. Those IPL machines are dangerous.

Does anyone know of an IPL machine that

I really think had the doctor done the procedure, this probably would not have happened, she told me she was going to do the keratosis removal (they weren't that many either)-- and I don't think doctor's should pass procedures of on staff. It was a medical procedure to remove the keratosis (I had 15 tiny bumps). I wasn't in there for cosmetic proceudre.

HI bytheway,

Welcome to the community. I wonder if your physician just did not know how to use the machine correctly. You might want to check out the question in our doctor Q&A, How Should I Handle Hyperpigmentation, hopefully it will help. Please keep us updated to how healing is going and I really hope you feel better soon. Thanks so much for the review.

Thanks,