Fat Loss/sagging/permanent Puffiness from IPL

At first I was okay with the results, skin seemed...

At first I was okay with the results, skin seemed a little clearer, although I had a puffy areas underneath both eyes. But over the next number of weeks, it became clear that something had gone terribly wrong. The skin that had been treated became bumpy and dented and I developed nasolabial folds that were never there before and the puffiness under the eyes did not go away. I finally realized that I was losing fat from my face, and it was leaving me saggy and uneven. I know it is from the IPL because I have a demarcation line around my jaw right where the doctor began the laser.

To make things worse, I definitely feel I was pressured into having this procedure done. The nurse that helped me prior said she didn't think I needed it, but the doctor came in and just immediately said "Okay let's do it today." Big mistake.

I've heard a lot of similar stories, so do your research before getting any type of laser/IPL done.

Dr. Maritess Mauricio of SpaMD

I had the same exact thing happen to me.:( I am completely devastated! Is anyone having any luck with these terrible effects with products etc? Please help I am so scared!
Amy, please do a google search on 'ipl and laser damage'. I'm sorry you're having problems.
linnybee i would love to hear an update as i am going through the same thing! please contact me . . .
IPL: I did 5 treatments for rosacea--they completely changed my face--my skin is now sagging all over, and everyone keeps telling me how tired I look! Also, the texture of my skin changed, on how it absorbs makeup and also, how blemishes heal. They basically don't heal! Rather than have, say, a blemish that can be taken care of in one day, they hang around for months. Do not risk it.
How are you doing now?
how are things looking nowadays?
I did IPL with a dr. in Newport Bch, CA. I too was sold by it, like it was a no down time procedure with no side effects. The ladies in front sold me IPL and had me sign the forms that explained side effects and walked away. I was told that my skin would look even tone and all blemishes will be gone. Low and behold, I developed hyperpigmentation and scar tissue on my left cheek as well as hypopigmentation. It has been 8 months since the procedure, and I am still devas atated by the results. I had co2 laser done years ago with excellent results. I will be seeing a qualified plastic surgeon this week. At least they tell you what the risks are, unlike some derms and medspas. It is funny how the internet sells these non ablative treatments as harrmless and co2 laser as risky.