Not Sure About Results Yet, but It Definitely Hurt Bad.

Just wanted to prepare/warn people about how...

Just wanted to prepare/warn people about how painful IPL really is. I am a 33 year old man with a pretty decent pain threshold. I just had the procedure done on my cheeks and nose. I read that it feels like a rubber band snapping on your face. I felt like it was a bit worse than that. More like being stung by a bee with a stinger made of fire 200 times. I am not trying to influence anyone, just wish I had been better prepared for the pain. On the bright side, there is only a little bit of blistering on my nose. I don't see any crazy side effects. It just looks like I have a sunburn. I won't be leaving the house today and probably not Saturday or Sunday either. I will write again when I have time to see results.

Incredible dermatologist performed the procedure. I totally trust her and I am sure the results will be good.

I found the first time painful because I had some deep pigment to clear up. Later times, when the light was penetrating more evenly, it wasn't so bad. The thing is, skin is so sensitive, and it's going to hurt no matter what. Worth the pain for the results tho, at least in my experience.

Thanks for posting and for describing so vividly the pain you experienced - I now have a good picture of what one could expect with IPL.  I hope your recovery goes well - would love to see some before and after pics!