IPL Mixed Feelings

I decided on IPL because I had dark spots on my...

I decided on IPL because I had dark spots on my face and uneven skin tone. I tried a series of chemical peels but this didn't seem to be working. I didn't know what to expect . The pain was unbearable, I felt like crying all through the procedure. When it was finally over my face felt like it was on fire! I had to take pain medication because the ice packs wouldn't calm the burning. My face looked as if it was burned on a grease fire, it was all covered with black patches. By the third day the black patches turned crusty and started to peel. I couldn't leave the house for 7 days due to how scary my face still looked. I now have hypopigmentation where the scabs were. Now I worry if this is going to be permanent!

This procedure should be thoroughly explained to the patients. What to expect during and after the treatment.

Would you mind sharing where you went for treatment? I am considering going to either Dr. Hartog or Dr. Arabitg in the Orlando area, but want to make sure I get some good references. Thank you!
I have now had 7 ipls to fix where they damaged my skin from a micro laser peel. I am VERY unhappy and disturbed. With the 7 ipls so far, I have severe hypopigmentation too. I have to put too much make up on just to try and cover it up. My advice is to NOT get another one. Get another opinion. I wonder what a microdermabrasion would do, they said nothing. I feel for you!
this is normal and if not better in 14 days, then go. the brown will disappear!
It's been eighteen days since my treatment and the hypopigmentation marks from the hand tool used started to get darker in some areas this past week, to the point that I have to use tons of makeup and they are still visible. I am using phyto correct and bio oil. I don't know if I should have another procedure to get rid of this marks.
oh my - it sounds like you have been burned . . .sorry to hear. i would treat the area as you would iwth any other burn - ie silicon sheets, antibiotic, etc, to reduce scarring. it may be up to you as to how permanent it is. google ipl and laser damge - join their support group and read what others have gone through. most of all, breathe, it is chance that you took and now you need to deal with it properly.