IPL Mixed Feelings

I decided on IPL because I had dark spots on my...

I decided on IPL because I had dark spots on my face and uneven skin tone. I tried a series of chemical peels but this didn't seem to be working. I didn't know what to expect . The pain was unbearable, I felt like crying all through the procedure. When it was finally over my face felt like it was on fire! I had to take pain medication because the ice packs wouldn't calm the burning. My face looked as if it was burned on a grease fire, it was all covered with black patches. By the third day the black patches turned crusty and started to peel. I couldn't leave the house for 7 days due to how scary my face still looked. I now have hypopigmentation where the scabs were. Now I worry if this is going to be permanent!

Would you mind sharing where you went for treatment? I am considering going to either Dr. Hartog or Dr. Arabitg in the Orlando area, but want to make sure I get some good references. Thank you!
I have now had 7 ipls to fix where they damaged my skin from a micro laser peel. I am VERY unhappy and disturbed. With the 7 ipls so far, I have severe hypopigmentation too. I have to put too much make up on just to try and cover it up. My advice is to NOT get another one. Get another opinion. I wonder what a microdermabrasion would do, they said nothing. I feel for you!
this is normal and if not better in 14 days, then go. the brown will disappear!

This procedure should be thoroughly explained to the patients. What to expect during and after the treatment.