IPL for Dark Under-eye Circles Waste of $

I am 29 years old and I have had quite dark,...

I am 29 years old and I have had quite dark, hollow under eye circles almost my entire life. I've tried many different types of creams and I have to use a ton of makeup to try to cover them. A couple of months ago I had IPL at a medical spa to try to lighten the circles. The procedure was done by a D.O. but not a plastic surgeon. The doctor told me it would help the darkness under my eyes caused by bluish veins showing through, but it wouldn't help with the hollowness. She said we could try an injectible dermal filler such as Restylane if I wasn't happy with just the IPL. She said to give the treatment 2-4 weeks to fully work. She said the laser zaps the veins but then they have to break down, which can take several weeks. When I left the doctor's office, the treated area was slightly red but it wasn't at all significant. I could put makeup on immediatly and I went right back to work. Unfortunately, I never saw any noticeable results. It didn't work at all. The doctor said it might take 2 treatments, but since the first one had no effect I'm not going to try again. I really wish I could find something that would help the circles, but this isn't it.