IPL Can Seriously Burn You.

I started developing two tiny light brown freckle...

I started developing two tiny light brown freckle type spots on my cheeks and doctor recommended Fotofacial.

I received IPL treatment on my face, during which I was in agonizing pain. It felt like I was being burned by a hot Iron. The technician kept saying it is painful but that is how it should be. I was hot red in my face when I left and by tomorrow i had dark burned spots in lines and in rows on my face, and neck like a zebra. I looked horrifying and after four days I went back to the clinic and this time the doctor saw me and was very sorry that the girl did n't test a small patch first to see my reaction before she does the treatment on my complete face.

it has been 3 weeks now,the burn spots fell off and now I have some pink and some dark spots mostly on my forehead, neck and sideburns.

what is now the right treatment for them? Are they ever gonna completely go away? this treatment was meant to treat two tiny sun spots and it lead to this. what should I do? where should I go?

This type of procedures are very high risked and especially when you leave your fate in the hands of an incompetent technician and not an M.D. is just not worth the outcome.