Still Researching TT - Carter Lake, IA

At one of the hubby's show's the other...

At one of the hubby's show's the other night, I talked to his drummer's GF about her TT experience. She didn't have a very easy recovery, got an infection, but she told me even w/o the complications, she'd never do it again. I know that no amount of exercise will ever fix my tummy after having two ginormous kids (9#s 13ozs & 10#s 6 ozs!) and I know it is my biggest trouble spot. All the possible complications and the fact it is an extremely painful recovery just seem like small potatoes in the grand scheme of things.

I'm looking forward to getting my consultation in January, and hopefully having the surgery sometime in March. I have some things to conquer until then, mainly kicking this disgusting smoking habit and losing as much excess weight as I can.

I set a date to meet with a Dr. Feeling excited...

I set a date to meet with a Dr. Feeling excited and nervous!I keep looking in the mirror, and smile knowing soon my biggest "trouble spot" will be gone. I found the doctor I chose through RealSelf, and will be meeting him next month. I plan to schedule the surgery as soon as the kids are out of school for the summer, that way I don't have to worry about making arrangements for them to get to and from school. I just want to be able to focus on my recovery. I can't wait! Will post pictures as I get closer to the date of surgery.

Saw the PS 2 weeks ago, and set the date of my surgery, but might have to push it back another month or so. I'm not at my goal weight, but his advice to me was "Quit smoking and lose as much weight as you can before we preform the tummy tuck." The weight isn't coming off as fast as I'd like, so maybe it will have to be a birthday gift (My 34th is in August) I'm a bit bummed out, but still very excited.
I'm researching this also, recently lose 72 lbs and about 17 to go...I've had 1 child and my stomach got huge and stretched out with her...do they do financing?
Not sure! I'm paying for mine with cash, but am not sure if they work with a bank to do financing.
Good luck in your quest. I am still trying to locate my plastic surgeon. It is such a huge decision.