Tummy Tuck and Crescent Lift with Augment - Iowa, IA

I had four kids and although I was in good shape...

I had four kids and although I was in good shape and at my goal weight (5'5", 125lbs), I knew I wouldn't ever show my stomach in a bikini again. I had a little pouch at my waist line in jeans. My skin looked old and wrinkly. My silhouette wasn't attractive without spanx. I'm having a bit of a hard time with recovery. Only two weeks and two days out but questioning why I did this. I feel like I should be able to be a bit more active, but after spending a bit of time hanging out with kids on floor, my stomach swelled and I'm in pain and back in bed/recliner for most of day.

I also did a crescent lift with augment at the same time. I don't regret that at all and it's been a breeze.

Boy can I relate to your story. My surgery was on 11/13 I still feel weak, I will cook and bake and pain sets in and all I want to do is cry. By no means am I lazy, just at a sad state. Thank you for sharing your post. I don't feel alone
My surgery was 11/14. It seemed like almost all of the sudden I made a huge turn overnight to the better. Hang in there but be sure to rest too when you can. It will get better.

I'm so glad you're here, but so sorry this has been a rough recovery. It looks like you're already getting some great support from the other ladies here. Never be afraid to reach out when you're feeling down or need more info. Your body has been through a lot and this is a big deal. Take care and take it easy. Before you know it you'll be chasing your kids around again!

Hi there. I just had a tt and im more active but not back to my old self yet. It takes time. Theres burning on the incision and fullness or bloating. I live in the compression garment and im still sleeping in the recliner. Cant wait to sleep in my bed. Check some other recovery stories. Im sure you will see we all have similar struggles. But you can also get some other people's input. Do you have any pictures?
be sure chica to rest up and share ur pix soon so we can see the surgeon fab work on the new u!
You should most definitely not be more active at 2 1/2 weeks! You will risk getting a seroma!! You should not do hardly any housework, no exercise besides slow walking, no lifting, no bending, no reaching, and no twisting for at least 4 weeks. Seromas (which need to be drained and may require further surgery), hematomas, wider and uglier scars, delayed healing, scar splitting open in places, etc. can occur from too much activity too soon! You should be resting in a recliner for much of the day. Still no lifting over 5-10 lbs until week 6, and no vigorous exercise. This is a major surgery with a very long, extensive recovery that in some ways lasts up to a year. It must be taken very seriously. Getting the tissues to redrape and reattach properly is very delicate - one twist of the abdomen, and you start all over.... Swelling peaks at 5-6 weeks, and lasts 6 months to a year, while your body completely rebuilds all of the lymph channels that were destroyed in your abdomen that normally drain fluid. Please do lots of reading on here, and check out the July tt forum from the beginning. We discussed our recoveries in detail on there, week by week and month by month. Also, check out the tt question and answer sections where patients' questions are answered by the docs. Very informative. Good luck and happy healing to you!
Chico, It sounds like you and I had our procedures on or about the same day (mine 11/14). I am just now starting to feel somewhat normal again. I have been resting a lot since day one and just the past few days getting up and about more which feels good although I do feel swollen later in the day and my back hurts when standing too much. However, when I sit too long my stomach tightens up and difficult to stand upright for a bit. All in all it's been ok. I do agree that the first 1-2 weeks kick your butt but I must say hang in there, stay positive and know that you will be feeling better each day. I have a binder and compression garment and wear them as much as possible which help reduce the swelling and provide mild compression and comfort. Good luck with recovery and be sure not to overdue it.