Minimal Change in Whitening and Painful! - Iowa City, IA

I had Zoom done today. I experienced only one or...

I had Zoom done today. I experienced only one or two Zingers during the treatment. But was shocked that my teeth only changed 1 1/2 shades after 3 treatments. My DDS stated that my teeth were pretty white to start with and you can not predict the outcome. If he thought my teeth were "pretty white" to start with, why did he even recommend me having it done?! It was very expensive and I expected to look in the mirror and go WOW! nope, can't really tell the difference. It is now 4 hours later and the pain is terrible. The Zingers are unpredictable and just come and go. Definitely not worth the time, money and pain! So very disappointed.

Still very disappointed with the results of my...

Still very disappointed with the results of my Zoom. I have been using the take home treatment and do see some improvement in whiteness but now my teeth are irregular in color. Kinda spotty or striped in places. I had 2 large sores in my mouth, that were very painful from the bite guard they put in your mouth. I also had a small burn on the inside of my lip. I am told frequently that I have a beautiful smile and just wanted to take a few years of drinking diet pepsi and ice tea away. Not impressed at all.
I don't know if it is Zoom itself or the hygienist that applied it. Would never spend the money again.
Aspen Dental

Zoom website

Sorry to hear you were getting zingers. Have they gone away completely now?

Also, since you mentioned your dentist said your teeth were pretty white to start with, I'd love to hear what your opinion of your teeth was to start with.

The zingers and aching were gone by the next day. I have had some sensitivity to the at home treatment and actually had burnt my tongue using the product. I go to the dentist every six months and haven't had a cavity in 30 years. I had never been to Aspen before, but it was the only dental office in my area that offered it. I talked to the actual dentist during my initial consultation and he never mentioned that my teeth were actually pretty white to begin with. He had no hesitation in recommending Zoom to me. Hindsight, Aspen was all about the money.

What a bummer. :-/ Sorry to hear that was your experience.