Breast Reduction Tomorrow - Iowa

I started developing at age 9, by the 7th grade I...

I started developing at age 9, by the 7th grade I was a 36C and was already getting attention from guys due to my breast. All of my friends were jealous, I was "the girl with big boobs." Yes, it made me self-conscious but I liked the size of my boobs, it completed my curvy figure (I have what my family calls a "bubble butt").

However, by 11th grade I was a 36DD and weighed 135lbs. I couldn't fit into swimsuits, shirts that my friends and even mom could wear looked slutty on me. Even with shirts underneath I still showed A LOT of cleavage. My back and neck started to hurt, too. By the time I was a freshman in college I was a DDD. My fiance didn't like how much cleavage I showed and I told him I couldn't help it. After showing him just what I went through with getting dressed and trying to find appropriate clothes he agreed that it wasn't my fault.

Once when I was at the mall I actually had a guy say "Damn, do those have their own Zip Code?!" For a LONG time I've felt like a freak. I felt like I wasn't attractive, people only paid attention to me because of my boobs. Guys only thought I was hot because of my body. On top of my boobs my butt (and still does) always got commented on as well. For a thin, young, white woman I had a very curvaceous body.

Now, after having a kid and (attempting) to breast feed, I am a 34G! My back causes me such pain that at times I can't move or pick up my son. Also, I tried for 10 weeks to breast feed my son. My breast were so large that my nearly 8 lb baby got lost, literally HIDDEN under my breast during feeding. I couldn't see if he was latched properly because my boobs were so large, it hurt to hold him in position, I had flat nipples which made it hard for him to latch...and on top of it all he had a minor "tied tongue". After 6 weeks I ended up pumping exclusively. However, I never got enough because I couldn't find a breast shield big enough for my boobs. My son would get so frustrated after trying multiple times to latch onto my huge, flat nipples that he would get angry and cry and wiggle like crazy. After multiple break downs and emotional nights, my husband and mom asked me if I had considered a reduction? Of course not I said. If I get a reduction I won't be able to breast feed...and that was very important to me. I was a major advocate of breast feeding so to realize that I couldn't BF my own son was a fatal blow.

The difficulty breast feeding is actually what decided me on the reduction. My mom pointed out that I had so much difficulty with my son, there was no guarantee that the next child would be more successful. My breast were so large that they caused BF problems anyway, it'd be best to get the reduction and relieve myself of the pain so I could be a better mom. After consulting the surgeon and finding out that I could still breast feed but would have to supplement I finally decided to do it. And the fact that after BF after a reduction it actually "regrew" the lost milk ducts so the next child would most likely be able to fully breast feed I new it was I needed to do.

So I'm not only doing this for me, I'm doing it for my son and future children.

Got discharged form the Surgery facility at 7am...

Got discharged form the Surgery facility at 7am today and went to fill my pain meds subscription and then went directly to Dr. Cherny (my surgeon). While at the surgery facility the nurse was very impressed with how little drainage I had and said I should be getting my drains out this morning, sure enough he took them out! I would hate to wear those things around for a week!

Dr. Cherny said my breast looked lovely and I should be about a D cup once they drop and all that. He said not to brag but "You have lovely breast tissue, partly because of your young age, and should heal up nicely. Also, you aren't flat which sometimes happens with reductions. You still have that nice full breast shape."

Those were the exact words I needed to hear! I will try to post some pictures this week. And thanks for all of the well wishes.

Finally, some pics! Tomorrow I will be 5 weeks...

Finally, some pics! Tomorrow I will be 5 weeks post surgery. I still have some pain along the "lower" scar (the one that runs under the boobs) but I'm sure it's because I just overdo it sometimes. It's hard to take it easy when I'm a mommy of a soon-to-be toddler and full time student. The lower scar on the right boob has "pulled away" which kind of sucks because it doesn't look as perfect as I want and might get in the way of some bras. However, I'm still very happy with my new boobies...much better than before.
Dr. Eugene Cherny

You are a very curvaceous, I do feel sorry for the pain you had to endure with such a developed body.
You look great, Manderz!
Do you have any pic to put up?
Thats good everything turned out ok. Keep us updated.
Thanks, Manderz. That is a huge relief. I just started to worry when everyone I had any contact that had their reductions from there were a D. Guess maybe I'm freaking out a little more than I thought I was :-) Hope you are feeling well!
No, I specifically asked him to make me "about" a D cup. My goal is to loose at least 25 lbs once I'm able to workout and then I will probably go down to a C with the weight loss. Originally I wanted my post-surgery size to be a full C but decided it would be best to go for a D that way I could loose the weight I wanted without loosing a lot of boob.
Manderz,
Did you want to be a D-cup? The only reason I ask is that I know two other people who have been patients of Dr. Cherney and that is the size they ended at also. I'm just wondering maybe if that is the size he likes. My concern is that I really don't want to be a D. I want a C at the largest. I know he can't guarantee size, but I just don't want to still be big busted! I want to be nicely shaped instead! I guess I will just have to make sure we are on the same page come Wednesday.
Just read your update...my surgery will be with Dr. Cherney next Wednesday. Hope I have as good of luck as you!! (Course I don't have nice young tissue!)
You know what I just realized? You're done! I just noticed the day of your post was on Tuesday, so you had surgery yesterday... Hope everything went well!!
Oh my, Manderz, we are almost exactly the same size! I am currently a 34H and will be having surgery on Wednesday the 17th. Good luck to you!! I am 40 and have had 4 kids and tried to nurse all of my children but it just didn't work and I felt like a failure! Everyone said, "YOU, couldn't breastfeed?" While I'm sorry you couldn't either, I am relieved to hear you describe it like that because maybe it wasn't my fault after all! Thank you for that!!

Well off to get a massage. I've only ever had two in my life but decided that I deserved to treat myself to some relaxation before my big day arrives!

Good Luck to you!

By the way, who is your surgeon? As you can probably tell from my name, I'm from Iowa too!!

We will be thinking about you and sending good thoughts your way.

You will feel amazing after this surgery.  Your self confidence will be restored and you will love clothes shopping.

Please post an update as soon as you are able to do so.

Good luck with the surgery Manderz. Please come back and let us know how you're doing.