1 Month In, Great So Far! But Be Sure You Are a Good Candidate

I was apparently a perfect candidate for this...

I was apparently a perfect candidate for this treatment, and the cost was the same as it would be with traditional braces. I have a big gap in my upper front teeth, the rest on top are pretty straight, just a slight overbite. My bottom front teeth are slightly overcrowded and slightly overlapping. I mention my condition because I think it's important to know that your condition is right for the treatment, or it will probably not work out well for you. I stress that you should get 2 or 3 different opinions if your condition is not 'slight', as I describe mine, or if you have any doubts.

As far as the treatment itself, it took me a day to get used to having plastic trays in my mouth when I first got them, but now, 4 weeks later, I'm completely used to it. I keep them clean by brushing them with toothbrush and toothpaste (gel cos its non abrasive) when I brush my teeth (after eating, before and after bed).

My breath is fine, I don't speak too funny (well, sometimes but its no big deal). I love that nobody notices I'm wearing them at all and that when wearing them, my gap actually looks smaller. My treatment is for 8 months. The Dr said by 3 months my gap will be gone. Can't wait! cos my wedding anniversary is 4 months away and I want a gapless smile by then! I'll be posting before and after photos when I get them. Good luck with whatever treatment you choose.

Hi, maharichie, can u send me the doctor's info? I want to get it for a lower cost like you did. Thank you ! :D

dee1410, maharichie posted this review in '08, so chances are the prices have gone up a bit since then. Of course I am speculating, but wanted to give you a heads up. :)

Thank you Megan :] It's hard to find 2000ish invisalign in LA. Most are 4000-5000, sadly expensive :[

Yeah, its pretty costly...and Align, the makers of Invisalign keep suing every company that tries to compete due to patents.

I am looking for Invisalign treatment, CAN you please send me ur Doc's info. Thanks

Hey dchan,

He listed his doctor info in the comment above,

"West Los Angeles - Dr. Florman - $4200 Invisalign
Talk to Laurie Evanisko:
E: laurie@flormanortho.com
P: (310) 475-5999
F: (310) 496-2039

Mention that Michael Hemelberg referred you. Hopefully I will get a discount on my treatment :)"

West Los Angeles - Dr. Florman - $4200 Invisalign
Talk to Laurie Evanisko:
E: laurie@flormanortho.com
P: (310) 475-5999
F: (310) 496-2039

I don't think maharichie ever shared who their dentist was unfortunately. I did want to let you know there are a couple ways you can search on here that might help you find a dentist in your price range.

To check on pricing you can click on Invisalign Cost near the top of the page, just under the Worth it Rating. You can see what other reviewers in your area have paid, so you will know if what you are being charged is within the ballpark.

If you want to find a dentist click on the Find a Doctor tab at the top of the page and you will be able to search for dentists who do Invisalign in your area. Then you can check out their profile & reviews and decide if you want to consider seeing them.

Hope this is helpful!

Hi, did anyone ever get the dentist info? If you did please PM me the info, thanks
can u email me info please
This site is a great resource for advice, thanks to everyone who has posted!
Can somneone please send me the ortho's information? Mine is charging me double and my case is minor. Thanks!
could anyone let me know what ortho this person went to?? be a blessing! thanks so much!
Hey Mahari- I was really stoked when I found your review. The description of your teeth are exactly like mine. And like everyone else commenting for you- Id like to know the name of the doctor that did your invisilign, location etc. I tried to shoot you a private e-mail... but no dice. I couldnt find the link on your personal page. If you could be soooooo very kind to forward some feed back my way I would really appreciate it.
Hi, would you send me a PM with the name and contact info of your Dr?
Hello, did your insurance pay for part of the cost or is this the full price? Could you please PM me with your doctor's information? Thanks!
Hi! I'm wondering if you would recommend your orthodontist and pass on his/her name and the location. It would be much appreciated. Thank you for your time.
Hi there, could you please write to me with your dentist information? Thank you so much in advance!
Yet another request for the dentist contact information if you please. Thank you,
i am kinda late to this post, but can you please send me the info for your doctor also. thanks
Hi, So glad I found this posting, I apologize since it looks like you have been totally bombarded for this info, but may I ask for the name/number of the dentist you used for this pricing? I have a slight overbite and the pricing seems great (you never know though until you go). Thank you in advance! Dianna
Hi Maharichie. I just found about Invisalign and noticed the cost. Would you please provide me with the Orthodontist name and phone number? Thanks!
could you please PM me with your orthodontist information? i want to start invisalign next month and need something affordable. my dentist charges $5k :(
Hello, I would also like to have the name of your orthodontist. I was quoted $5000-6500.00 by two different Doctors. Thank you
Hi Maharichie, im in Burbank as well can you please email me that doctors info?