A Waste of Technology.

I've had invisalign for almost 2 years now,...

I've had invisalign for almost 2 years now, and I have to admit it works. But spare yourself the agony, and go for braces, it'll save you atleast $1000, if not more. Brace's will guarantee a straighter alignment as well.

What I find a pain in the behind is remembering to put Invisalign back on after I eat and after brushing my teeth. They can get pretty yellowed and dirty, who want's to keep sticking it back their mouth? Not to mention, it's a complete hassle to visit my dentist every OTHER week. I'm pretty sure he has no idea what he's doing either.

Obviously, not many others agree with my feelings about invisalign. But hey I'm speaking from my personal experience. And I can't wait until I'm rid of this plastic junk.

trust me, is all worth it! i tried posting a link to my dentist's web page with my before and after pics but apparently they took it out.

Hey yáll! i finished my INVISILIGN treatment a month and a half ago... It worked amazingly!!

Regarding the pain- I'm on my third set of aligners now. I normally experience moderate pain when the aligners are first put in, which goes away by the 2nd day and is replaced by a day of soreness. Then, no problems! Related to this, I will never put aligners in for the first time when I might need to take them out a few hours later...that's just unnecessary pain! I think the dentist's advice to put new aligners in at night should be followed. BUT, if I take the aligners out for 4 hours or more, it does hurt a little when I put them back in! For example, I had worn a set 10 days, then had the aligners out for about 10 hours while I went to a game and out to the bar. Before I took them out they were very loose and I felt ready for the next set. After, they were tight and painful...almost like I had lost a week of work! So, in my experience, be prepared to wear them 22 hours a day like the literature says. I'm 26 years old, FYI.
Oh did I mention, I don't look forward to eating because they are a hassle and they HURT SEVERLY!!! oh ok.
I have started Invisalign and restarted again because the pain was EXCRUCIATING!!! I have only seen on the reviews a few people say the pain is severe. For me, this is horrible. I am only on my first pair which I started 3months ago and now over again. Seriously, I'm trusting Jesus to help me with this because the pain I had was unbearable. It took forever to get on/off, getting ready in the morning. Let alone, channging my eating habits and I love food. This is a total rearrangement. I really hope my teeth get straight and the pain does not come back. This is day 2, second start, Im okay. Oh, but did I mention I put orajel in my trays to help with the pain and have a prescription on hand for pain. I heard braces hurt just as bad. I just don't know. Keep Jesus first, thats all I have at this point! :)
In my own experience, my aligners are ALL crystal clear.. I'm on my 11th aliner of 13th and my teeth look perfect! My dentist and her staff make jokes about how clear and clean I keep my aligners, but they also say there's some not so clean people that come to the office with them filled with food residues etc... very gross. I can say Invisilign is COMPLETELY 100% worth every penny. I do wear them 22 hours/day as recommended. My gap is closed now, my over crowding is fixed and my bite is comming down perfectly. So, they've worked for me.
What statistics are YOU looking at?? Traditional braces are WAY more effective and a lot less time than invisalign
Actually, statistically Invisalign is more effective than traditional braces. Might want to look up facts before you spread lies. They should never turn yellow - did you ever brush your teeth or aligners? You can't remember to put them back in? Wow...
I had braces before. I am about to get invisalign in a month. The dentist I had before had given me hairline fractures in the front of my teeth from ripping the braces off when I completed the first set when I was younger. They may be a pain in the ass when I get them, but at least I won't have metal super glued to my front teeth this time.
LOL... totally agree.. my first ones, already used, are still crystal clear! not to mention that i brush my teeth at least 4 times a day...now i have to brush my teeth and trays.
I have invisalign and braces would have cost me atleast 1500 MORE, if you forget to put them in that is your own fault, and if yours are turning yellow you really should be brushing your teeth and your trays. Very simple.
I do notice that they can get dirty especially after a night of boozing but if you brush them with tooth paste they look brand new and taste much better I also rinse them with mouth wash. So far my experience has been terrific sure they cost a little bit more ($4500 - $1500 from insurance) and I go for check ups about once a month but it’s a small price to pay for not walking around with a mouth full of metal. I work in a Sales office and no one knows I even wear them unlike these damn hair plugs!
brush your trays with reg toothbrush and toothpaste when ever time you brush your teeth. i smoked and mine didnt turn yellow....
I honestly don't think there is anything constructive in your comment. For my part, the cost of Invisalign is the same as regular braces, I just cut the treatment time to a third of it. As a treatment, I think everyone already knows that regular braces will correct heavier problems that Invisalign can't correct. I have yet to see any comment where people forgot to put those back after a meal, or didn't clean them often enough so they wouldn't become yellowed and dirty. I think it might just be a question of personal hygiene. I think you're not giving an educated evaluation of the product. Maybe you should question your own committment to the treatment?