7 Months In, and Things Are Looking Good

I had braces from age 11-14 and then never wore my...

I had braces from age 11-14 and then never wore my retainers. Naturally over the years, my teeth moved and became crooked again. So at age 27, I got Invisalign. My teeth weren't horrible, but I suffer from overcrowding and my four front bottom teeth were crooked and crowded and 1 of my top teeth (in the front) had starting moving back a lot. I actually went back to the same orthodontist who did my braces the first time, lol. Anyway, I have worn my retainers for 7 months now and I am very happy with the results so far. I agree with the others who say that the appliances are uncomfortable for the first few days everytime you get a new set. Other than that, they are not a big deal at all. I take them out to eat, and clean them when necessary and forget about them. I also had to get the little attachments on a few of my teeth to help some of the teeth come down more, but even those aren't that noticeable. I still have about 6 months to go, but my friends have commented on how nice my teeth are coming along. Overall, as someone who has had regular braces and Invisalign, I would recommend Invisalign 1000x more than braces. The retainers might take a little getting used to, but they do not even compare with the pain, wire cuts, food limitations (no gum, etc) of braces. If you are going to spend the money Invisalign is worth it all the way.

Dr Alan Gibbs

I live in Long Island, NY. Dr {edited} is my orthodontist. His office is located in Huntington on Main Street. If you do decide to use him, please let him know that Dana referred you. Thanks and good luck!!

Edited by Sharon: We've added your provider information to the top of the review. Thanks!
Which Orthodontist did you see? I am considering this procedure.