Inverted V Deformity

I had a rhinoplasty in early 2007. I always...

I had a rhinoplasty in early 2007. I always disliked my nose a rhinoplasty was something i always wanted so i finally did it and let me tell u its the worst thing i did in my life I prefer having my old ugly nose if i knew i was going to have all these problems(my breathing is very obstructed, i have pinched nostrils, inverted v deformity and ever since surgery my nose is always runny.

My dr just told me about the risk that it was like 1 percent of infection thats all very easy procedure he said. I never knew that it could actually collapse about your turbinates how important they are etc.

So for all the people that are considering rhinoplasty please think about it twice cuz its something that u have to live with ur whole life and specially waking up to ur new image every day and please do ur research first not just cosmetically but the importance of ur nose the function and what big role it plays on ur every day life

Please just go to someone who only focus on the face or nose dont go to someone who does multiple procedures

who was your doctor..thanks!
I had my nose done years ago. The first year is the worst and it is common for your nose to alternate between swelling, runny, dry, etc. The shape of your nose will "settle" in the first year, so you have to give it time. Don't rush to more surgery, till you give everything a chance to fall into place and start functioning normally.
I would love that.. Ive gone to a couple of consultations and so far i like dr. jay calvert and dr. paul nassif. Cant decide between both. Have u seen anybody.My dr wasn't Dr. Paley
Another concept about breathing is balloon septoplasty. I think this would help me so I am going to look at it. I am scared to repeat the rhinoplasty thing also since it was so hard. What was the name of you doctor? Mine was Dr. Paley You seem to have all the same problems I am having so I wonder if we had the same doctor. Let me know if you find any doctor you like.. We'll keep each other company about this if you like.
Hi landeez, is there any chance we can have a non-forum exchange regarding your surgery? I'm scheduled to have one in the very near future - I tried sending you a note but you might have opted out of that feature-Thanks
I had the EXACT same experience. It was 7,000 dollars and I had all of the problems you had. I am incredibly depressed about this to the point of tears all day everyday. Do you plan to get a revision rhinoplasty? Thank you for posting this and I would double the notion people really think twice before moving a head with this procedure. Doctors do not advertise their mistakes. They will all tell you how great they are, how easy the recovery is...on and on. As a patient in a weaker position you are almost expected to believe everything they say.
Aww! Sorry to hear that ..i know exactly how u feel. I been doing so much research on revision rhinoplasty and to be honest im a little bit scared. I mean i didnt have a good experience the first time but i also dont want to live life like this the quality of life is not good at all. At this point i just want a doctor to help me with the breathing so i set up a couple of consultations and ill definetly keep u posted. Are u thinking of a revision as well? Be Strong we'll see light at the end of the tunnel :)
I injured my nose this summer and had to have revision rhynoplasty. I did a lot of research when trying to find a surgeon. I am now 7 months post surgery and I cannot breathe out of the left side of my nose, and my nose is longer, wider and shaped very unpleasantly. I am currently trying to find another surgeon to repair my nose. How can we, as patients, protect ourselves and find surgeons who truly care about their work and respect the medical needs and cosmetic needs of the patient.