Breast Lift and TT Dec. 26th

I had my mommy makeover done yesterday morning by...

I had my mommy makeover done yesterday morning by Dr. Christopher Pelletiere in the Chicago burbs. I also had a herniaand a large patch of weakened muscle. He did it all in a little over 4 hours.
2 hours after leaving the OR I was dressed and out the door to come home. I felt no pain at all in my breasts or abdomen... But my throat! Ugh! Imagine the worst post nasal drip sore throat ever and double that. I was able to walk and stand up strait right from the get go. I s actually kind of worried that it didn't hurt more... like maybe he wasnt aggressive enough.
I got do many great tips here... so I was prepared with a lift recliner and a toilet seat rizer, add well as a walker. I don't need the walker for walking but it's great next to the toilet.
Anyhow.. I felt great yesterday and I was even a little cocky thinking I must have such a high pain tolerance because the descriptions here made it sound like I'd be in excruciating pain. Well.... fast forward to this morning and now I don't question his aggressiveness. Mega pain all day and a lot of swelling. It was expected so no big deal. I took a peak at my boobs and the right side was really swollen and the left looks really small. I was a 34 DDD before surgery and he thought I'd go down to a D, but it seems smaller than that to me. I'm sure it will all work out when fully healed. I just took some Arnica and I plan to use that for a couple of weeks.
I really can't wait to see what I look like without the dressings. I'm both terrified and excited. I'm posting a before image and I'll post a current one asap... whenever the dressings come off. :)
I don't remember seeing it mentioned.. But I'd recommend getting some Cepacol numbing lozenges for after surgery. The intibation tube can really do a number on your throat.
The doctor called today to see how I was doing and let me know he wants to see me 1week from today and hopefully be able to take the drains out. The drains are kind of (really) disgusting. Fortunately my mom is an RN staying with us until the 31st. Overall in this moment I'm very happy I did it.

3 day update

There's lots of bruising and swelling, and general soreness, but I'm managing to go liner and liner between pain meds. I started taking arnica yesterday morning and I'm wondering if that has something to do with it? The drains are working well and rally easy to empty (but so gross!) And the tape is really holding up. Not a drop of anything on the gauze or my clothing:). I started drinking hot tea (orange spice and peppermint..yum!) And also using cepacol lozenges yesterday and the site throat is totally gone. I take off the compression wraps for ice, and last time I checked out my chest in the mirror standing with no wrap and my oh my these girls are perky! They're rather flat from being squished by the compression wrap... but I can already imagine the cut new bras and spaghetti strap sundresses that I'll be able to wear braless ...yay!

My only complaint is this sudden stabbing groin pain on both sides. It seriously feels like fire acid being injected under the skin where my legs connect to the pubic area. I'll be emailing my surgeon about it for sure. Outside of that, I'd say the while thing has been a little easier than I thought and I'm enjoying the TLC. The lift recliner is SO cozy, and the elevated toilet seat is a huge help. Next time I go to the restroom by myself I'll shoot a pic of my flat bruisy boobs for you all. I'll have to be sneaky though because my mom is here taking care of me and she'd die if she new I was posting semi nudes online, lol!

day 5

Lots of bruising. I mean LOTS! I hope its OK? I sent pigs to my doc (he'll see me Friday) and he days it's normal... But... It's a lot. The drains are gross and the pain is definitely worse as the days go by but it's all manageable. The wraps can get a little itchy and I'm afraid i might scratch something I shouldn't so I'm going to ask my husband to get some cortaid this evening. I'm going that will do the trick.

before image

day 5

Lots of bruising. Hoping it's normal. And um.... Ouch. Looking forward to Friday when I see my doctor again.

compression bindings

in my second image.. with all the bruising... you can see how my skin is wrinkled and red and irritated. Its from the tummy binding. I hate that thing. it's tight and pinchy and makes meet itch. On Friday I'll ask if I can switch to something else. However...The breast binding they gave at the hospital actually made me smile shortly after I woke up from surgery. It's so feminine and pretty and has a soft lining in it. My daughter wanted to know if she could have it for a summer shirt, lol. It does actually have little bra loop thingies:).
Christopher Pelletiere

Poor you. I hope the dr says you can change your garment
Lookin good. I've heard of gals wearing a soft cami under their binders. I got 4 Jockey super soft camisoles for when I have my TT.
That's a really great idea:)
Looking so good. We had the same breast binder :-)
Yay :) twins! Lol!
Ya, you have a fair amount of bruising. Some gals just do. Arnica is good for that, it comes in gel form to apply topically or tablets that you dissolve under your tongue. I think you're gonna have a great result. Take it easy and drink LOTS of water, it helps flush you out and bring down swelling. Congrats
I've been dissolving arnica tabs under my tongue for several days... and I'll try the gel once the wounds are closed. I winner if I could use the gel now since the wounds are covered with tape? Hmmm.... I'll ask my doc. Thanks for the tip about the water... I've been less than vigilante about that... I'll go pour a big glass right now;)
Im going to repeat what others have said.....wow!
Great results wow I m also getting breast lift n TT but kind of getting hang of it not scared but yes just uneasy with the idea of getting non functional for my kids for long time that's it . U look good take care
How old are your kids? Mine are 10,14, and 18 so they were super helpful. Of you priorate a bunch of easy meals and also prepare to let then indulge in mindless gaming/TV watching just while you're healing it will be a win/win. Also they'll fell super special to be able to take care of you... kits don't get that chance very often. you'll be fine:)
Wow. What an amazing change already!
Happy healing and a happy new year . Take things slowly and each day things will get better and better
Wooh! They look sore! R u ok? Just keep up the painkillers if it hurts- over here they tell u not to wait to c if u r ok, just take them as prescribed Ouch!
Welcome to the flat side.. Congrats!!
Congrats and welcome. Posting pics is a little daunting, but overall, very helpful (for you and us). It chronicles how far you come, as it's sometimes hard to remember (on the down days or swell he'll time). Continued good healing an d keep posting, it really is therapeutic ;-)
Hi Happy Suzi :) I posted a "before" pic but after realizing there was too much of my face in it I tried to crop it and ended to screwing everything up. I'll definitely repeat the before and many "afters" along the way:)
I'm really struggling to get the pics to post as part of an update? Any tutorials?
If u do it from a smart phone its very easy. Just add from photo library
Great tip about the throat lozenger. Another item added to my list. Thanks
Congrats...can't wait to see the pics..this is so helpful as I will be having a TT this coming Feb and I am so worried about every little step! I pray all goes well w/ your recovery...keep posting the updates
Exciting isn't it?? I too had no pain til po day 5. It was the worst but now im already doing squats, walking, & driving too! I'm Po 16 days and took arnica too, but I started the day before surgery and just finished taking it yesterday. I teamed it up with vitamin c. I only ended up with one bruise on my new boobs and one one each leg near my drains. Yes drains r gross, I'm glad mine came out at day 6!!!
Congrats:)
Congratulations and happy healing :)
Congrats on your journey and best wishes on your recovery!!!
Congratulations for you mommy makeover! I got mine one moth ago; you will love your results.