Ingrown Eyebrow Hairs

I have had serious ingrown eyebrow hairs for about...

I have had serious ingrown eyebrow hairs for about 5 years now.  I have had dermabrasion, laser hair removal, redness laser and a huge number of coritzone shots and nothing works to solve the problem or resolve the scars.

I had my first Fraxel laser treatment almost 2 weeks ago and I cannot tell if it is going to work or not.  Immediately afterward, the scars looked better.  However about 4 days after the area broke out immensely and the ingrowns really acted up.  Additionally, the area was peeling quite a bit.  I was told I couldn't wear make-up for 3-4 days so I stayed home from work the next day.  That is confusing b/c after reading these posts it seems everyone put on makeup immediately after.

I thought it was very painful.  They put a numbing cream on which did nothing and the cool air they blow was very painful and annoying.  It felt like my face was freezing.  the laser felt like someone sticking a pin in and out a bunch of times into your skin.

Almost 2 weeks later, the breakouts have not healed and I am worried about getting more scars then I had originally.  I am having my second treatment in 2 weeks so we'll see what happens.  I am not very hopeful given that nothing has worked, but I will see after the second treatment if I should continue.  I should see some improvement by then.  Hopefully the irritation that was caused after the first treatment will have subsided by then.

Cost wise, it is $350 a treatment b/c I am only getting the area around my eyebrows done.  In the end it will cost me $1400 if I do all four treatments.

I will update you to let you know how it goes

New York Dermatologic Surgeon

He is a good doctor and has been the only one to offer me some sort of solution to my problem. I don't know if what is he doing is right for my condition but we will see.

Be the first to comment on this video...

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join RealSelf or log in